𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

beeping of a machine and the patient's breathing was the only thing heard in the room

beeping of a machine and the patient's breathing was the only thing heard in the room. solbin layed in the bed, her chest heaving up and down as she breathed. her eyes blinked open and squinted at the brightness of the room she was in.

closing her eyes, she opened them again until her eyes adjusted to the light. her eyes roamed around the room as she realized where she was. a hospital room.

she wasn't confused as to why she was there exactly, she knew why. she noticed that there wasn't anyone else in the room besides her. she also noticed how she had bandages almost everywhere and a cast on her arm. as she tried to sit up, she winced feeling the pain in her back. but she still sat up.

just then, the door of her room opened revealing renjun and jeno. apon seeing solbin sitting up in her hospital bed, wide awake, the boys placed their plastics on the chairs and rushed to her side.

"are you okay?!" the two asked in unison. solbin let out a weak laugh. "don't worry, i'm fine. besides the fact my body hurts alot, i'll be fine." she gave them a small smile. the two boys then sat on the chairs by the bed. "thank God." gasped jeno.

solbin lightly sat back in her bed. "so, where's jaemin?" she asked, looking over at the boys curiously. renjun sighed "he's outside, talking to your parents and his parents," solbin ears perked at the mention of her parents. like they'd care. "about your baby." renjun finished. solbin nodded.

her eyes teary at the thought of her baby, as they landed on the bed. "oh, don't worry! your baby is surprisingly fine and healthy." renjun quickly said. "really?!" she asked. jeno smiled with his eye smile and nodded. solbin let out a breath of relief her hands on her chest as she blinked her tears away.

as they continued to talk suddenly the door opened revealing a couple. they were clearly older than solbin. maybe in their late forties, early fiftys. they walked over to solbin's bed as renjun and jeno got up so the elders could sit.

solbin's eyes trailed to the door and she saw her mom staring over at her from the door and her dad in the hallway of the hospital, talking to jaemin. more like scolding. solbin avoided her mother's gaze and looked at the couple next to her bed.

"you must be solbin." the older lady smiled. she looked rather expensive, with red lipstick and an expensive looking dress. she also wore gold jewellery as well. solbin finished observing the woman and nodded at her.

"i'm mr. na and this is my wife." mr. na inroduced. solbin nodded in understanding. so these are jaemin's parents? "but you can call me mom. after all you are carrying my grand child." mrs. na smiled sweetly. solbin lightly smiled. they're so nice. "nice to meet you." she head bowed.

solbin and jaemin's parents continued to talk but were interrupted by someone letting out a rather fake cough. it was solbin's dad. "excuse me but i'd like to talk to my daughter now." her father said coldly. jaemin's mom rolled her eyes at him. clearly, her parents and jaemin's parents didn't seem to like eachother very much.

jaemin's parents got up and left the room, shutting the door behind them. there was silence in the room for a while. solbin didn't really wanna talk to her parents, so she was silent.

"solbin, honey, how are you doing?" solbin's mom said sweetly. solbin rolled her eyes at her mom. she used to be respectful to her parents but that respect was gone. "did you just roll your eyes at your mother?!" her dad yelled. "hyunwoo, calm down." mrs. jeon tried to calm her husband down. "she'll talk to us when she's ready." she gazed at her daughter.

"where's daejun? how is he doing?" solbin finally spoke. "he's fine. he's just at school right now." mom replied. solbin nodded. "you know-" the ringing of a phone interrupted solbin. her dad picked it up, "we have to go now? okay, we'll be right there." he ended the call. "sorry solbin. but, we have to go." solbin wasn't surprised at all. she was used to having her parents leave for work. she sighed and nodded.

once they left, solbin just stared at the wall infront of her. her hand slipped on her tummy and she looked at it.

i'm really pregnant, huh? i'm really gonna be a mom. but, am i ready for that? i won't be able to go to college then. everyone at school will talk about me. but, i'll have a family of my own. i never planned to be a mom so soon. am i ready for that?

 am i ready for that?

-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐚☘︎

she finally met nana's parents,
tho he was barely in this chapter lol
i should really improve my vocab tho.