𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

if you think being a parent is all rainbows and sunshine, then you're wrong

it can be but most of the time isn't. solbin got up from her bed, hearing the loud cries of a baby from another room.

her eyes were squinted from tiredness as she got up and walked to the room of the crying baby. 

she entered and picked up the crying infant from the crib and lightly swung her from side to side, trying to comfort her.

after a few minutes, jiyeong's crying died down before she stopped crying all together.

solbin placed her in her crib lightly. she let out a sigh of relief before turning and leaving the room.

she entered her bedroom and threw herself on the bed. it was hot and she was tired so she didn't try get in the covers.

her eyes shut closed as she drifted into her slumber. but then...

"WAHHH" loud cries made her open her eyes again.

her eye twitched in irritation. she groaned in frustration. she sat up and messed her hair as tears of frustration built in her eyes.

solbin was exhausted. it's been a few weeks since jiyeong was born and boy has it been hard.

babies are very fragile creatures and cry all the time. they literally can't do anything on their own without assistance obviously.

solbin has wakes up about 8 times a night to stop jiyeong's crying. which is hard.

she still has a job and has school so going on 4 hours of sleep was not doing her any favours.

jaemin did try to help. every night, he'd atleast try to help but most of the he'd be in deep slumber, not even hearing jiyeong.

solbin didn't blame him for this, though she did get a little frustrated.

"hey, don't worry. i'll check on her for now." jaemin grabbed solbin's wrist before she could get up. she gave a thankful yet tired smile at him.

____

solbin stood infront of the mirror as she looked at herself. a frown fell apon her lips as she stared at her body.

she turned her body so she could see her side and placed a hand on her stomach. it was still big obviously from her pregnancy.

and that's what bothered her.

ever since she's given birth, her body didn't change that much. she had some loose skin and stretchmarks aswell. she couldn't help but feel self-conscious.

she know she should love her body and that it's strong for carring jiyeong and giving her life as well. but she felt fat.

she thought jaemin would find her unattractive and leave her all together. she thought he'd find someone more attractive, prettier and with a better body.

solbin knew jaemin aas loyal and trusted him but the thought still lingered, her self-esteem disappearing aswell.

solbin bit her lower lip and stared at the mirror, feeling dissatisfied.

"babe~ i'm back. and with gimbap!" the door of their apartment bursted open and jaemin walked in with a plastic of food in his hands, a huge smile on his face.

he just came back from work and decided to bring dinner for him and his girlfriend, knowing none of them would be in the mood to cook.

jaemin placed the plastic bags on the kitchen counter and looked around the room for his girlfriend.

seeing she wasn't there, jaemin walked to their shared bedroom only to find her standing infront of the mirror, staring at it.

"solbin?" confusion fell over jaemin seeing his girlfriend like that.

"jaemin. do you find me attractive?" solbin suddenly asked. the young boy's eyes widened at the unexpected question.

he walked over to solbin and turned around so she was facing him.

"what do you mean? ofcourse i do." jaemin frowned as he cupped her cheeks. solbin felt tears creep in her eyes, nose turning red.

"it's just...ever since i gave birth to jiyeong, i haven't had my body from before and i was scared you'd find me unattractive" solbin's voice cracked.

"solbin i would never. listen, no matter you body size, i'll always love you. you'll always be beautiful to me." jaemin quickly corrected her.

at this point, tears were streaming down her face. she hugged her boyfriend and cried in his embrace.

"w-what did i do to deserve you?" solbin choked between tears. jaemin chuckled and shook his head.

he held her cheeks and leaned in before pressing his lips on hers. solbin kissed him back and wrapped her arms around his neck, deppening the kiss.

the kiss was suddenly cut short when jiyeong's cries could be heard.

the two broke the kiss and pressed eachother's foreheads, breathing lightly.

"well, we better get going before mini nana cries her head off." jaemin joked making solbin giggle at him.

"yah!" she playfully hit his shoulder.

did i take too long to update? i'm sorry :(

i'm sorry :(

it's fucking 31°C wtf..the weather really trynna kill me this summer 🙂

but yo, 6k?! damn, i woulda never expected this book to become so popular. thank you so much <3  it means more than you know 😭✋🏾