Chapter 25

The crew bowed. 

Gwen looked at Lucy, who shared her look of uncertainty. Edmund looked completely enamored and Gwen was shocked to find Caspian did not, especially with how purely beautiful the young woman was. 

"Arise. Are you not hungry?" the young woman asked, glancing around at everyone. 

"Who are you?" Edmund asked.

"I'm Liliandil, daughter of Ramandu. I am your guide." she smiled. 

"You're a star?" Caspian asked, a slight tone of wonder hinging on. 

She nodded. Gwen looked away, a pang of slight jealousy shooting through her. 

You're being childish, she chided. Quit acting like this.

"You are most beautiful," Edmund said. 

As if Caspian could read her thoughts, his hand brushed hers as he leaned down. "You're more beautiful than she." 

She blushed, thankful that it was mostly dark. 

"The food is for you," Liliandil said. "There is enough for all who are welcome at Aslan's table. Always. Help yourselves." 

The crew did begin to help themselves, but Edmund held his hand out. 

"Wait! What happened to them?" He pointed to the sleeping lords. 

"These poor men were half-mad by the time they reached our shores. They were threatening violence upon each other. Violence is forbidden at the table of Aslan, so they were sent to sleep." she explained.

"Will they ever wake?" Lucy asked.

"When all is put right. Come, there is little time." 

She started off. Caspian nodded to the crew and they all began to partake of the table. Then the friends followed Liliandil. 

"Should we trust her?" Gwen whispered. 

"I think we can," Caspian replied. "She doesn't seem to be evil." 

Gwen still held her concerned expression. Caspian's arm slid to her shoulders, slightly hovering as he kept a respectful distance. "Everything will be fine." 

She smiled at the comfort and contact. 

The group came to overlook the ocean and in front of them lay another island in the far, far, distance. Fog and mist swirled about the land, giving off an ominous aura. The waters surrounding the island were troubled, roiling up and down. 

"The magician, Coriakin, told you of Dark Island?"

"Yes, as much as he knew," Gwen replied. 

"Before long, the evil will be unstoppable," Liliandil said.

"Coriakin said to break its spell, we lay the seven swords at Aslan's table," Caspian said.

"He speaks the truth," Liliandil replied.

"But we only found six," Edmund said. "Do you know where the seventh is?"

She pointed to Dark Island. "In there. You will need great courage." She turned to the four. "Now waste no time."

Caspian dipped his head in respect to Liliandil. "Thank you for your help." 

She nodded. Then her human form shifted back to that of a star and returned to her place in the sky. 

Caspian's hand grasped Gwen's. "Are you ready?" 

She looked up at him. "Only if you're there with me."