Chapter 5 - The Meeting

Alina pov

"You said this thing was at eight"

"Get up, you were doing exactly nothing when I came in."

Crossing my arms i turn in my chair reading the random paper i picked up when she came in"So who's to say i wasn't about to do something," I flinch feeling something thrown at the back of my chair before I'm swiftly turned around in it

"Your being highly unprofessional right now Mrs. Write"

"I have no idea what you mean Keller."

"Don't make a fool of yourself Alina. I'm the person who decides whether to hire her or not, it's a part of my budget."

"One that i shouldn't have given you," she pokes her tongue out at me as she leaves and i sigh, waiting a good minute or so before i leave.

Walking the short distance to the meeting room my eyes immediately connect to a younger woman's. My first thought is that she looked so innocent with her dark brown hair surrounding her face. I lift my brow questioning her as she just continues to stare at me with a blush starting to appear on her seemingly tan skin.

Thinking there must be something on my face quickly checking through my phone's mirror, but there wasn't. When I looked at the woman again her eyes were now glued to the meeting table this time.

"What are you doing?,"I spin around feeling my heart rate heighten feeling as if i'd been caught doing something mischievous wondering why i felt this way

"Is there anything on my face?" She shakes her head no with her eyes squinched at me, but I instead point ahead of me letting her lead the way in.

This time the younger woman was more focused on Sophia with a more unreadable expression than earlier,"Sorry for the wait Mia had to drop some things off at the printer," Mia nodded her head suddenly looking at me then at Sophia.

"If this is a personal assistant job, am I going to be working for both of you?"

"Ah yes and no, this woman who has yet to introduce herself is Alina Write, the founder of this establishment. While I'll need you for only a few simple tasks, she'll be who you'll be working under."

Mia nods, looking at me and I can see a million questions forming in those grey eyes of hers,"what specific expectations do you have for a personal assistant."

I mentally pause hearing her euphonious voice, as much as it was pleasing to hear it only confused me even more somehow,"I take many business trips within the year and during the first quarter of the season, the busiest, i expect the same hours from you while others would leave as soon as they've finished their work."

"What about holidays, and how do you expect to hear bad news"

"I only expect you to come if I need you but otherwise you're free for the holidays. And I guess tell me the worst first." I haven't had to use the word 'guess' in a long time. I've always been precise and certain with my decisions but that is sort of a random question.

I can't believe this but I'm at a loss of words right now. Usually I'd have a questionnaire file in my brain just roaming around until it finds its new victim, but nothing comes to mind right now. I lean back in the chair looking over to Sophia hoping she'll take this as her sign to que back in.

However she just blankly stares at me and I bet she's gonna ask why I'm acting like this, but how am I going to answer that if I don't know myself.

"Mia, any boyfriends or girlfriends?" I kick her seeing her inhale as I did to which she ignores continuing,"I'm just curious as to why a twenty three year old would want to possibly be interested in such a time consuming job. And it won't be easy, it took me about ten years to even figure out how to work with Alina."

"I admire challenges and since I've only just moved here there's no one I've seen that catches my interest as of yet,"She squenches her eyes towards me and I could only wonder what she was thinking.

"Well, pertaining through the internships you did back in California, they really recommended you as a hire and I don't see why we can't do a trial run. Not everything can be determined by one meeting, but I'd be a fool not to get you with such a limited supply of 'people with experience'."

"Well it would be wonderful nonetheless."

"If you could travel just three levels below this one, I'll have already placed a call to HR to give you a more thorough brief of this position when you get there."

The woman nods standing as Sophia does shaking hands with her,"thank you for this, you won't regret it," when her eyes travel back to mine i just sit crossing my arms still unsure about this woman,"and thank you for seeing me Mrs. Write"

"I'm sorry don't mind her but go ahead so you can go tell your mom, she'll be ecstatic,"Mia nods and i follow her grateful to have spinning chairs in this meeting room until I'm spun for the second time today to face Sophia," You better have your shit together by tomorrow because i want her start as early as possible."