Chapter 36 - I'm Sorry

Alina pov

Opening the door for her to go first I let her follow around my desk sitting in my chair. I sit on the opposing side feeling weird about the situation,"Firstly I want to say sorry for what I said. I truly didn't mean it and you know I don't even like his company at all."

"Seemed like you would've taken his offer though."

"Well even if it sounded like so i would never do that.", I cleared my throat scratching my shoulder unable to look her straight in the eye.

"Why would you even give voice to that idea.", I look at her then forcing the same confidence I had to bring her here.

"Levi just said a few things to make me think like that and the alcohol just made me think more and more about it."

"What exactly did he declare so profoundly that you needed to put me down?"

"I- he mentioned our differences.", I tucked my hair away from my face feeling truly nervous under her gaze.

"You only get one shot at this and you're going with that?", I rub the back of my neck before thinking back to what he said.

"He talked about my age and the car accident. About how in the long run you'd lose interest like he did. And how I'd just put work ahead of you which I think was an underst- sorry I won't ramble but he was just stating what flaws I had with him and it got the worse of me to even believe them."

"What car accident?"

"Um, just almost a couple of months after Julia had been born we had a fight about him cheating. And at the end of it I stormed out and went to my car to calm down. Thankfully Julia was with Sophia for the night and I just wanted to go see her but the weather at the time was horrible and I knew better than to drive during it. Some car popped out of nowhere and hit my side. I had a scar on my knee but you can't really notice it unless you look closer at it."

"I'm sorry."

"You shouldn't apologize for that plus it happened such a long time ago.", I got up trailing around my desk to meet her. She had her arms crossed looking as if she didn't want me in front of her,"Can you please forgive me? I miss you."

"I can't forgive you just yet. I'll keep remembering this."

"Then can I work on earning you back?"

"You have me Alina. It's just... remember when I told you about my ex?"

I only nod watching her shift in my chair to see how uncomfortable it makes her just to think about the previous woman."She said things like that at the end of our relationship. Granted, I didn't know she was married but she'd mentioned the woman many times over. I never want to go through that again Alina."

"I promise I won't ever do that again."

"And I don't want us sneaking around here anymore."

"I was thinking the same thing.Those people catching us was like an awakening."

"And I swear you're only getting one chance, Alina. We'll get bumps along the road and whatever reassurance you need I will always give but anything on the outlines and past them won't be allowed."

"I totally understand and this does mean you won't run away again right?"

"No but now I know it's a great workout."I jumped off the desk pulling the chair closer to me but doing it slowly in case she wanted to pull away. She takes the first step though leaning forward to drape her hands around my neck pulling me into her.

With the position I moved to be more comfortable going to sit on her lap continuing to kiss her. I feel her hands dragging her nails along my back and I just missed when she did that. I was smiling along with her as we stopped wanting time before I even thought of trying to go further than that.

"Can I take you on an official date with Mia as my girlfriend."

"I'm not sure, maybe you need to convince me to do so.", I lean back into the woman feeling her hand slide onto my rear this time with the other trailing circles into my thigh. I smile into another kiss, ever so happy to just feel her again.

"I will wait however long I need to if it's for you."