Chapter 44 - Issues

Alina pov

I know I should tell her about this but she's fully happy again. And this issue is most definitely directed at me. Especially since he thought he could just target my daughter and get away with it. Well at the exclusion of her brother. I'd just have to talk to Mia through Julia's phone if I were away.

I wasn't stupid deciding to get help from the two other people that i have been able to trust Julia's life with. Of course Sophia was the main one to retrieve but I'm all but regretting thinking of getting Levi.

"He's going to be broke very soon if he keeps this up.",I look over to my passenger side following Sophia's direction to the supposedly new house Levi bought. I wasn't much for showing off money but it's as if he was trying to with this... establishment. I honked the horn a few more times to just leave if he didn't come out already.

As smug as he's always been, he comes out with a suit not inclined with the casual wear me and Sophia are in. I groan, hitting my head on the steering wheel, hearing him knock on Sophia's side. I lower the window down laughing a little when Sophia locks the doors, also stopping the window from completely going down,"Why is she here?"

"Well you don't want to be killed right? That would most definitely happen if it were just me and you. Plus if I do she'll just buff out the truth as any good best friend would."

"Damn right I will, now get in the back so we can go."

"I never sit in the back."

"Oh your pride will be hurt from doing so? Get your obnoxious ass in the back or we're leaving you here.", Sophia rolls up the window and I unlock the doors for him to finally get in.

"Why's your hussy not here?"The car comes to a screeching halt as soon as the words leave him and I can feel my face twitch with rage.

"Levi, this is about our daughter. And I'm trying to be as neutral as possible with you but if you call Mia other than her name I will let out years of frustration into beating your ass to a bloody pulp."

"Yes, fine whatever, let's just go",That didn't tear my anger away but at the moment I didn't think we just had time to be fighting all damn day so I continued to my building.

It took a while but we were soon there heading up the elevator to my office,"Can I now know who's threatening her?"

"We'll talk confidently in my office, Levi.", Since I have absolutely no information on her father except that he's a teacher at a university, I didn't want to take any chances. And I was much smarter to do anything alone even if it's with one of the people I loathe.

Walking into my office I relaxed a bit, going to sit behind my desk to turn on my computer."Al, I'm gonna go see if Saura's here. She did say she would be here for a couple of days on break and we could use some computer genius hands.", I only nod when opening the email that man sent me motioning for Levi to come to see it but not for him to be so close to me.

'I thought you would understand the warning I gave you when I last visited. But since you decided to go against my words, maybe incorporating myself into her life might change your future decisions. And be a dear and tell Mia to revoke the restraining orders, I'm dying to come visit her again.'

"So you're telling me your h-Mia's dad is at the root of our problem."

"Levi you owe me so many solids that they've now taken form. And this is also about our daughters safety. I know you couldn't give a rather strong fuck about me but i know you've always had a soft spot for her thankfully."

"What needs to be done?"

"I know you're involved with some shady people who can get your dirty work done. I need to be in a room alone with him. The law may not have always been useful but a few important papers passed his way will keep any and everyone away from this man."

"You're really pulling out all the big guns huh? But you're trying to get rid of him?"

"No, I'm not into doing that. I just never want him to bother our family again."

"Fine, I'll get a hold of my special friends."

"Thank you. And make it quick, I want this done before christmas."