Chapter 11 - The Unusual

Alina pov

"Levi how could you be jealous when you cheat all the time, and for the last time that was my assistant"

"So after all this time you get one? Don't make excuses Alina though you were always good at that"

"If you want to argue with yourself about this go ahead, but I have work to do and sitting here wasting my time with you is not a part of it." I hang up shivering into the cold as I walk out the building.

It's even more embarrassing that Mia's just a few feet behind me, probably hearing what I'd said. It'd been a whole week since the car incident and he's been yapping my ear off. Honestly this is the most I've heard from him and it's been just ruining my mood everyday.

Not liking when people travel behind me I wait for her to catch up with me,"I'm sorry about that"

She only nods as we meet Alexander at the end of the walkway,"Alexander this is Mia my assistant she'll be coming with me"

"Nice to meet you"

"Likewise "

He opens the door and I shuffle to the other side to create room for her. When I look over I smile holding back my laughter seeing her struggling as there is a bit of distance off the ground to require a step, I do stop as her coat opens when she lets go of it watching at the v neck shirt she reveals more than she must have signed up for.

When she finally makes the landing i immediately look away feeling stupid for even looking,"are you ok?"

"What?"

"Your cheeks are a bit red you might have an incoming fever"

"No, no I'm fine"

"My mother says to always treat it at first glance unless you want to be stuck at home wishing you'd done it in the first place"

"Your mother sounds wise" I look to Alexander through the rear view seeing a smirk on his face annoying me

"Mia I'm fine"

"That's what they all say though Mrs. Write"

"You are quite resilient, that'll be required while working for her", This is the first time i can say i have a problem with Alexander.

"It's strange that Mrs. Keller said the same thing"

"Alright enough, Alexander you know where to go"

Thankfully they both do it as their que to be quiet but the longer we sat beside each other I could only want to know what she's thinking.

I take a chance glancing over to find her concentrating looking out the window. Her features were more outlined as the sun came in through her side watching as she scrunched her eyes to keep looking out the window.

I didn't realize how long I'd been looking until she connected those brown eyes to me with a bit of excitement within them," Isn't this the place?"

I look past her towards the building known as Forthward International. Zurich is mostly known for its extravagance and valuable conditions, especially in how it was also ranked as a good city to live in.

With the richness in high-end houses such as mine and the ones around me, Forthward, the owner, was the one selling them whether they were in the rural or urban part of the city.

When I zone back to my current position I now find her out the door holding her hand out to me. I took it as she politely helped me out but for a moment and only one we were inches away like last time when it was raining. I was too caught in the moment not understanding this feeling rising in my chest until she pulled on my head a crease forming in the middle of her brows.

"Are you sure you're alright? Should I call Mrs. Keller?"

"No sorry, I just keep zoning in and out. I'm totally fine."

She only lets go and I feel saddened by that as a man approaches us looking much like his father in his younger days.

"You must be Alina Write, My father is in a meeting right now but as I was just informed that you never toured with us"

I couldn't say I would even give that a thought, finding his 'I know I'm pretty' facade ruined my mood almost instantly. But that faltered as I looked back to the woman who perked up even more than before. I would never have done this for anyone else especially in heels but she was in a similar pair so i all but guessed she was good for walking in them.

Thinking aimlessly and nodding yes, I turned back, almost forgetting about my driver, though seeing a hint of a smile that I just ignored, continuing without talking to him.