Chapter 10 - The Rain

Mia pov

As the rain started to pour down which is so rare here I had to lean up in my seat to see better."take a left here?"

I turned to her as she was perched up in my seat too trying to see.

"Oh yes and it's the first gate on the right" I nod slowly going until i could see the curb turn right and low and behold a gate comes into view

I turn into the place after she goes through her purse finding what must be the button for it to let us in"I'll go get my umbrella and walk you to the door"

She looks out the window and then asks me"are you trying to win me over?"

"No? It's raining outside if you haven't noticed" I smile kinda seeing a joke in there reaching back to pull on my handy dandy raincoat. I then get out going to my trunk to get my umbrella then to her door opening the two at the same time.

"Thank you" I smile again hearing her say that as she carefully but swiftly gets out. For a moment as she got out fast we were a mere few inches from each other. I had to emotionally cut myself off to continue facing her.

She was the first to look away with a confused expression so I closed my door and started to walk with her. I made sure I got close to the front door so it wasn't that much of a walk. "So I'll see you tomorrow?"

I don't know why I said that as if it's a question but she nods, going to unlock her door,"thank you again and be safe going home Mia." She smiles again and my heart almost just takes off as I turn to go back to my car.

Though this feeling sours at the reminder of why it's Mrs as a car pulls into the driveway. I hurry making it into my vehicle not knowing if I could be in the way or not.

As I started backing up the driver's side door opened from the car and pulled up beside me but all I could see was his silhouette leaving the car. I thought nothing of it, leaving back onto the main road and going backwards seeing as I had no idea how to make it home from here. But if i go back to the building i know my way back from there.

It took almost an hour of doubt and two almost hit and runs until I made it back and by then the rain stopped. After parking i happily made myself into my home exhausted by now.

"Why aren't you a bit late home"

"I knew I could smell the olive oil from a mile away, but you do know I gave you a key for emergencies only."

"Food is an emergency and seeing as you didn't have much to begin with, you're lucky to have such a talented chef in your kitchen"

"That is until I have to do the dishes." I went to my room and threw my work bag onto my bed. I wanted to change. Kicking off the flats that were now more than wet alongside my stockings I just took everything off to put on some shorts and a t-shirt. I then come back out seeing her filling up two of my best glasses. "Are we drinking something"

"I'll tell you after you drink all of this"

"Then can I know what you're making?"

"'P' as the recipe stated" i start to sip at the wine she tips up my glass forcing me to drink it all,"I have a date" I cough when i finish having not let the last bit go down evenly looking back to my mother

"And I needed to be drunk for you to tell me that? I'm not even barely tipsy by this"

"Well better drunk than full minded and I can't help that give you a strong resistance"

"Can't believe my own mother just said that first part, but you know I'm happy that you're finally moving on."

"I have moved on, I just wasn't putting myself out there yet"

"So am i going to be in the background for this operation or are you going to introduce me to him"

"Are those my only options"

"Afraid so, i have to approve of the man who's taking my momma out unless they have a death wish"

"While I love you and your protectiveness, if you did an operation stalk your cover would be blown since he already knows what you look like."

"Oh come on ma we talked about this" my mouth waters as she takes the food out my oven making a plate for me and her. I couldn't help myself filling my mouth with as much as the fork could handle. "Well i've known them for a year so it's not as if i'm being quick about things" of course she waited until i couldn't talk to say that but at least i know she'll be happy. Now I just gotta find my own happiness here.