Chapter 18 - Her Morning Shine

Mia pov

Awaking suddenly I feel sweat where another shouldn't look wondering why my room looks so different. Not that I blame myself for having these in future dreams but I know I haven't ever been in such a rich room. I've never even seen curtains look more expensive but they look brighter than the sun shining past them.

The door is opened after hearing some knocking and it's like all systems within me have momentarily stopped. I watch her intently with her silk salmon shirt tucked into a black pencil skirt that looks shorter than the beige one she was in yesterday.

She didn't look like she had makeup but she didn't even need it with her natural look. She starts to say something but I fail to listen as she passes that same window shining down on her dark brown curls that look brighter in the sun.

"So when you're up and ready let's head to your place so you can get changed" she continues to the side where i'm situated with a glass in her hand and pills in the other. Now just feeling the small but very clear hangover I take the two knowing it'll kick in quick.

"Did I do anything embarrassing or am I here for a reason?"

She continues to examine me temporarily before looking away briefly smiling,"no i just couldn't let you go home drunk"

"Oh well thank you", she only hums before leaving and once she's gone i shuffle out of the bed making sure to remake it. I rushed to the vanity mirror in the room, relief escaping me as my hair seemed to be controlled during the night but I can definitely see only the front portion did so. The skirt similar to Alina's was ruffled along with the white shirt I was wearing but I ultimately didn't look bad.

I look around for my shoes before leaving the room and going downstairs to the door. In the kitchen, that's where I find her waiting by the island with her phone in hand with her legs crossed. She double takes my appearance before getting off the stool grabbing her purse that sat beside her.

"Ready?"

"Wait, you're coming with me?"

She looks at me with a questioning reserve before answering,"Yes and I told you that before."

That didn't leave me with another option, already ruling out the car in her garage knowing if she used that she wouldn't need a driver. I nod, opening the door to let her go out first and I ruffle through my sides wondering where my key is. She spins catching me off guard but she was the one who had it in the palm of her hand.,"didn't want to take any chances"

I mumble a 'thank you' going to open her side of my car before going to the drivers side starting it up.

It felt surreal being here for now, maybe the second or third time thinking I might be over stepping but she has yet to tell me the difference. I made the drive go faster than usual, though I wasn't delighted I missed the sunrise. I'd even made my sleeping schedule around six so I would be able to see it but there's always tomorrow. After ten or more minutes of traffic I pulled into the parking spot I always parked in about to get to her door until she got out herself.

My mind was racing, unsure of what state I left my house in. Everything was a bit fuzzy from last night and i could barely remember what i did in total yesterday which was strange since my memory has always been strong.

I lead the way into my apartment building taking the elevator instead of stairs to the second floor and to the fifth door down. I'm not gonna lie the sound of her heels following after my own made my heart start to go crazy but I feel a little better opening my way into my humble abode and letting her go first.

I drop my keys off at the seashell bowl on a table in front of the door, breathing in the lemon smell I've come to love for so long.

"Now I truly see what you meant" I look at the woman as she continues to study my home, holding onto the side of the black couch that was easy to match with a wooden beige coffee table in front of it.

"Um, make yourself at home I guess. I just need to shower and I'll get dressed"

"Take your time, sweety"

Don't over react, she's totally called you that before. Okay, no she didn't but don't panic when you're still just standing there in front of her. I simply walk off thinking my heart is just out of my chest or I plainly might not be used to company. My mom has been the only one here so that must be the reason right?