Chapter 34 - Untrue Words

Mia pov

"You've had enough Alina.", I take the glass away from her and place it on the tray of the worker who passes me.

"I wouldn't be drinking if you'd been doing your job tonight nor had you left me.", I looked at her with a lifted brow remembering how many people surrounded her when I had left for only a minute. And what's worse, I could hear the smugness in them before I even got back to our table.

"I had nothing to do with leaving you. As I said , had you been listening, they had these little gift bags for assistants and I wanted one for my trouble.", It really wasn't worth it though. All that was inside was a pen, men and another useless thing.

"Oh so i cause you trouble?",

"No Alina it- are we seriously about to have an argument while you're drunk?"

"I'm not that far along, just merely tipsy. You can go home if you don't wish to be here.", I know damn well she wants to go home but now she's just being stubborn about it.

"I don't want to and even if I did, who will take you home?"

"Levi said he wouldn't mind."That itches me the wrong way and now I'm going to have to be the one who talks about it tomorrow.

"I'm ignoring that since you're not in the right mind right now."

"What do you think I'm an alcoholic?"I slapped my forehead without thinking I'd have to watch what I said towards the end of the night.

"Alina no, I've been watching your drinking and I know what one is and you're not it."

"Oh so you did at first, good to know. Why don't you go back to that little whore who's been eyeing you all evening."

"Who?"She pointed so clearly and I followed it to Nora. I hadn't actually noticed her but now I did," Alina, whenever you're done mingling I will be the one to take you home and I will be waiting at our table."

She shrugs leaving me to talk with the few other women here while i head to the bar,"can you cut off her tab i don't want a single drink unless it's water going to her.", The man smiles nodding and I beeline to my table only stopping when my shoulder brushes someone.

"Sorry", I really didn't feel like talking about walking away until my wrist was grabbed and this time I looked at the woman who was Nora.

"I thought you'd come talk to me sooner or later but you didn't.", I took my wrist back looking at Alina only to see her back.

"Why would i? Look, I really want to get off my feet and sit."

"You can come to my table. We have an open seat.", A visible red flag goes off in my head, inching away from the woman who seems to have no intention of leaving.

"No i'm going to be waiting for Alina at my table.",

"Then I'll just have to come with you.", I shrug thinking it's a compromise but with what Alina called her I know this will immediately back lash onto me.

When I finally sat down feeling the stress leave from me and my feet I swear I saw her purposely look for Alina's name sitting where she was," So Saura fired you?"

"God, that woman infuriated me. I did anything and everything she told me to do but all she said was 'You're never doing any work'."

I gave her a side glance knowing exactly what Saura meant. I'd find Nora simply roaming the halls or out on the balcony whenever I needed something from the copy machine. And no one would vouch for her especially after the rumors I heard about Nora insulting an intern over a coffee she had to get for her boss.

"How are you here though?"

"Well I was packing up my stuff, Levi was leaving her office and boy they were both mad at the end of it about her not giving him some documents. But he offered me a job right then and there and even asked me to come with him. He's a good lady, I must admit but I've had my eyes on you since you arrived."

My eyes widen but I still have my thoughts, not even wanting this situation to continue or to mislead the woman. I was about to speak before a hand came onto my shoulder watching Nora's face scowl at the only woman I could think about.

"She's taken.", I smile at her happy that this might be the time we leave.

"Are you always going to take orders from this woman? You know Levi has told me how she is so I can only sympathise with you."

"Yea yea keep it to yourself and if you really hadn't gotten the clue I'm not interested", I get up, taking Alina's hand glad she had the trophy she won so we would have to get it before we leave. While it wasn't truly as Alina described,

I definitely know now why we shouldn't come again.