Chapter 39 - Quiet

Alina pov

She hadn't spoken the whole car ride but I kept to my promise. I wasn't honestly getting scared thinking I might've screwed something up. But usually when we have fights we talk about it so I'm not sure that it's what's happening here.

She pulls up into her parking spot and I follow her out. She waited for me, linking her hand into mine, having looked sad for a moment before we walked to the apartment building," I'm sorry if he says anything... disturbing. As you know he's never been a fan of my sexuality even if he hasn't ever made comments on it. "

"I'm tough as nails so I don't break easily. But of whom should i be worried about"

"Turns out I was given an early Christmas present in the presence of my dad."

We'd made it onto her floor and I could tell she was stalling. I took her key from her hand, being the first to open the door and greeting someone yelling. It ceases as soon as we arrive though and I continue to walk first seeing her father in question next to another man on her couch. I look right, seeing Liam and then Andrea with a stressed expression.

"Who are you? Why are these women who aren't a part of this family here."

"You're not the one who gets to question her. You two are the ones out of place here. I never invited you to come and your little threat about breaking and entering would've only ended badly for you."

"Why I thought you'd love to see me since we've been apart for so long."

"Dad, maybe you weren't listening when I told you I was leaving, but I specifically said I don't expect to see you again unless I'm forced to go to Noah's wedding. And I thought I'd never have to seeing as he's your spitting image.", I could only guess the other man was Noah by how he was stopped from speaking with the rise of that man's hand.

The younger man turned red like a tomato huffing and sitting back into the chair showing his immaturity.

"Don't you think it's disrespectful to talk to me like that? I'm the one who took care of you, not her."

"Don't lie, Nicolas , why don't you tell me how I didn't win our court battle. A judge can't just change their mind after one private talk but you sure got your way didn't you. And then on top of that you decided to make sure one of the children was shaped by you."

"Can we just get to the reason as to why you're here? I'd don't really like it when guests overstay their welcome."

"We have... gotten into some trouble. Financially that is. Since I've invested so much into you and you seem to be doing well, I will understand if you want to pay me back now."

"Huh? Ok whoa that's not how parenting works."

"Doesn't Noah, your favorite, have anything for you? You did put a lot of money into his education instead of mine. Oh i forgot that i actually graduated and he flunked out and that was on top of working to pay for my degree. And I mean the ladies next door were the ones who actually fed me while you always took Noah out."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want you to worry. And he never did more than show who he actually wanted and as long as he didn't do anything physical I was fine. You know my mentality has always been strong, even more so somehow when I was younger."

"Yea anyways back to me."

"You must b- no you are a fool if you think you're getting anything."

"Huey does it for me."

"We're siblings so I have no problem smacking you over the head with a pipe. Don't ever call me that again unless you want that to happen. And I want you both out of my house right now before I call the police.", The two men got up calmly and Noah was first to leave but her father stopped right in front of Mia. I intervene, pulling her back sternly and eyeing the man in question.

"I could only afford our tickets here so I won't just be going away. And I have nothing stopping me from asking you again."

"You're such a jackass."

"Used to be your jackass sweetheart.", He finally goes and I close the door then go to sit by Mia who looks emotionally drained.

"Please tell me you have food in that bag."

"You're gonna have to wait for it to be warm but that's why I came."

"I'll eat anything if I don't have to think about that unpleasant experience."