Chapter 33 - The Event

Mia pov

I looked around and saw many people in fancy clothes all heading towards the elegant doorway in front of the fountain I just passed. There was even a bouncer looking as if he was checking people off on that clip board of his,"It's packed."

"Yes but we were not going this way. I have no interest in meeting those people. I just want to find my seat and wait for this to be over.", I sigh, coming to a halt, almost not seeing the two people who wave to me after just trying to go past my car without caring if I would hit them.

"We could have some fun here if you lighten up. At Least the woman in peacock feathers looks like she's going to have a blast."The woman looked as if she was telling all sorts of things to the bouncer but she ultimately got let through squealing so loudly I could hear her from inside.

"Well I could but someone said touching was off limits tonight."

"Alina, whenever you start something you always try to finish it and I'm not having a private party with you in this place, Miss Write."

"You look so beautiful tonight Ms. Lexy.", I look at her then after coming to another stop as it seems someone doesn't know how to drive up front. It was a one shoulder formal dress fully in dark purple matching her lipstick and eyeshadow with a slit coming up a bit too high for me on her right leg.

"Thank you and you do too. Your tailor can work wonders working with you. Plus I didn't know purple was your color.", I was going a bit out of my element in choosing this black dress with my back being out but it looked simpler when I saw it on the hanger.

It was shapely which I knew from first glance and only had a small slit from my neck with chiffon sleeves. It was a bit challenging to drive at first until I pulled the dress above my knees. It was also a floor length dress like Alina's but I loved it.

"I just simply look good in it. Ok just follow that black car right there. I think it'll lead into the backside lot,"I do as I'm told, soon able to get out before a chauffeur also goes to Alina's side to let her out.

She thanks me for holding onto my arm as we go inside, leaving the fate of my car in their care. It was dark but we followed the few people who were in front of us until we reached the main event room and I stopped wanting to capture this moment in my head.

There were circled tables everywhere with white clothes and ornamental flowered vases in the center of them. Even the chairs looked special but the stage took the spotlight with a glass sculpture of a bull far and still noticeable behind a pedestal.

"Come on honey, let's find our table before the vultures start to crowd in. They're probably getting drunk before the thing even starts."

"Do you want me to get you something?"

"No honey, just stay here."

"This place is huge."

"You look how I felt after I first got invited here."

"And you didn't want to come to this?"

"Well it's not the decoration that expelled that decision."Loud laughter from many people erupted as more individuals entered the main room. There were only a few people before and they seemed nice to a point I waved at them.

But once the doors from the front opened, mostly men swarmed in making a ruckus about whatever they were talking about."I swear those are some of the fakest laughter I've heard yet. They're only trying to sway his name's decision on who wins tonight. I don't even have to look to say it's the man in the middle of those posters."

Sure enough when the crowd started to disperse into the table even some of them joining ours was a man a bit shorter than me in an all white suit. He screamed wealthy with a smug but still kind smile fixated on himself. The people he passed looked at him with wonder but his eyes stayed on the stage until he reached it.

I felt her grip tighten on my leg and it wasn't like the times before. I looked at her wondering why she did that until I followed her gaze towards the man of the evil hour, Levi. But I focus back on the man on stage just as he says," Welcome to the annual Zurich Business Awards and I hope you all will have a good time."