Chapter 52 - No Interruptions

Mia pov

Locking my door in hurried movements my key decided today wasn't your day. After Alina left I'd been hit left and right with tasks throughout the rest of the day. It's a good experience but I swear I'm just a microscopic number away from throwing Dalores off the balcony. If I planned it right I'd just get away with it too.

When I finally got the key swiftly left down the main stairs and to the parking lot. With all the work it kept me behind at the building right before our date. My nerves were sky high hoping Alina would understand and following the other fact that i hate being late.

However, years precisely four taught me how to dress and look decent in a timely manner. Though I almost ripped the fabric fitting myself into the new black sheath dress that had my back exposed. I wouldn't have bought it had Alina not persuaded me to.

I look down to my watch, opening the door at the same time that lets a huge draft of winter air course through. I pulled myself through the cold weather huddling further into the warmth of my coat until I heard a car honk. I looked right, smiling brightly, seeing her conveniently parked only a bit away.

I happily made my way to the car feeling the anxiety disappear. When I finally do get in I'm met with the fragrance of her signature perfume that just so happens to not irritate my nose unlike the men in my department. I looked over to Alina finding her beaming at me in the same red button down I said she'd look beautiful wearing when we went shopping. I really only specifically remember it since we'd almost had sex in the dressing room while she wore it, "You look lovely Alina,"

"You do too but who knew red did so much in my favor."

"You obviously knew what you were doing smarty pants. Hopefully I won't be alone in a problem that could really use your attendance," She smirks, squeezing my thigh and my eyes wander, finding the time, "Wait, did you make a reservation? I'm sorry about being late but we could make it if we go now."

"Oh time won't be an issue honey you're perfectly fine," She started to drive off now but that statement created some questions and ones that she previously didn't answer.

"What did you mean?," She chuckles, putting her hand back on my thigh, rubbing the inside of it. My stomach was doing flips but I was more pleased by how warm she was.

"You'll figure that out soon my love but for now sit back, relax, and warm up," I take that hand between my two looking at the passing sights. With the several times I see them everyday you'd think I'd be tired of them but I notice new things everyday.

Like the different street vendors who never come on the same day but make it a priority to be out so late. Or the many people who don't see the little height difference on the sidewalk and fall shamelessly onto the ground. And yes that's great and all but where the hell are we going if i'm seeing all of this?

"Are we far away? Any hints even if there little would quiet me i swear,"

"You're not gonna let it go are you?"

"Come on give me something," Coming to a stop at a red light and I groan watching her other hand hide the snicker that'd surely formed.

"You are just the most impatient little thing."

"These legs don't say the same thing," She'd been making me wake up with her running. Lets just say i ended up on the ground thinking i'm having an asthma attack. She didn't even let me off either, instead dragging me along and past the finish line which was the bed for me. And at what cost was I made to do this? Other than the soft thank yous afterwards and amazing shower sex.

"You know if you had been paying attention to your surroundings more you'd know where we are," My eyes darted from Alina to the several shops we passed and this reminded me exactly of where we first ate together. I knew right then where we were heading and I couldn't help but smile glad I wasn't the only one who thought of this as our first experience even if it's a bit naive, "And what I meant earlier is that I booked out the whole place so no interruptions."