Chapter 53 - Again, Where It Started

Mia pov

Walking in before Alina I looked around the lit room finding it in the same condition from months ago. We came back a few more times but that was after the special events that made me "Let me take your coat," I looked to find Alina again seeing her behind the host's stand smiling.

"You know when you said you booked the place out i thought you meant only the customers but not the hosts too," I start to shrug my coat off handing it solemnly to her.

"Well there is... one here along with a chef but I didn't need the rest. An evening alone for two was what I wanted."

"Oh how chivalrous you are tonight. Makes me wonder what you're hiding in the depths of this."

She raises her eyebrows seemingly caught off guard but quickly composes herself almost as if she expected the comment,"Pfff nope nothing to hide just thought a romantic date would do us good."

I walk behind her seeing her purposely sway those hips in a way I always notice. If the restaurant didn't have windows for walls I'd think we weren't just here for dinner. She stopped immediately and I didn't have a chance to catch myself before bumping into her. When I take a step back she slowly turns around right on her heel, "not paying attention are we?"

I clear my throat ignoring that sly smart smirk she always has when she wins something, "I'm only waiting to be seated," She pulls out my chair motioning me to do so and I thank her for kissing her before I do.

She takes her seat then just smiles at me. She leans forward for a bit cupping my cheek before sitting back in her chair looking around, "Did I have something on my face?"

"No no darling you're just breathtakingly beautiful to look at."

"Oh stop it, god Alina you're gonna have me a blushing mess at the end of this aren't you," She takes a hold of my hand squeezing mine, "I remember the first time we came here like it was yesterday. Sure it was no big event but it was like I created a big enough hole to get in from those barriers you had."

"Oh so that's why I was lured here?"

"Well it was originally just to get you to eat but i guess fate had better plans for us didn't they," I pull her hand towards me kissing her knuckles before a waitress appears out of nowhere. Though who was I to act surprised seeing who it was.

"May I take your orders?," I have a feeling Alina did anything and everything to keep Sophia from coming but good friends never listen.

"Sophia would you please?"

"Actually I don't even have a menu to order from."

"Yes I know I had everything arranged but someone even after I agreed for you to come doesn't follow any type of damned instruction."

"I am a grown woman but I will have your food out in a minute. And what a cute couple you two are."

"Why thank you."

"Don't encourage her," She lightly kicks me and I subtly laugh it off right as Sophia comes back. I didn't know we'd be sharing something though as she places a covered plate onto the table. I knew I should've gotten a burger for lunch rather than the protein bar.

"Sophia i swear to god either i call your husband or you go a good distance to where i can't see you."

"Fine, fine whatever you wish," Sophia leans over whispering something into Alina's ear that makes her roll her eyes before both women look at me. Alina shoves the other woman away and I just smile knowing I'll hear about it later.

I was about to open the dish, lifting the cover before my hand smacked away, "Alina, I'm living on grains right now, I'm hungry."

She laughs which only makes me wanna get some kind of revenge, "Mia i wasn't always much of a speaker. And I really didn't know I'd find another per- woman to share my life with. But... I uhm know otherwise now after I've fallen in love with you. I... just want to foremost say I love you and... what I want more than anything is you fully."

( Insert picture image description)

I lick the icing trying to calm down my thoughts before taking the ring I thought I had on, "Yes Alina, I would truly love to marry you."

I hear screaming in the background before I get up and go to Alina's side. She seems shakin but with an amazed expression as I cup her face. I pulled her into a kiss, making her stand up so I could hug her properly, "I'm so happy right now you won't even believe it. You know what, I actually made a bet with one of my old college friends that I'd only marry once. Bad time to bring it up I know but I'm pretty sure I owe her a bit of money with the interest she put on it."

She let go of me for a moment replacing the hugging with kisses and just then and there I remembered this would be the perfect time to show her, "I um actually have an engagement gift. Why don't we take the food to go and I'll drive us there."