Chapter 9 - Focus

Alina pov

I couldn't focus at all since last friday. It was monday and she only commented on one thing she said and it was flattering but when was the last time i've gotten complimented. Besides my daughter and Sophia, I probably haven't heard anything of the sort that was sincere for a decade or so.

"God that's just sad" and then after that i just sent her off with Sophia since she did much of what i was planning to do. Well not all of it but in fairness i was expecting less.

She's actually more useful than I gave her credit for, maybe if I split my work in half I really would be leaving at a normal time.

Finding my phone I dial up Anderson looking back to my window showing daylight has already fallen. When the line does pick up i hear him let out a frustrated sigh,"I have to go get the other car so it might take some time for me to get you Mrs. Write"

"What happened?"

"Some idiot who obviously shouldn't be driving rammed into the driver side. The car will be fixed in a few days but I always have a backup just in case. "

"Anderson you've yet to tell me if you're ok even though you make it sound like the car is more important."

"I'm alright with only a cut on my lip from the glass breaking"

"I'm so sorry"

"Why? It was only a scratch"

"You know how Sherly is she'll keep begging you to go to the doctor or force you to stay home for the next month or so"

"See now you've just made me even more worried than I was before for my health. "

"Don't worry about me just take care of yourself"

"Then how are you going to get back home"

"I'll make Sophia drop me off don't worry old man"

"Well I'm about to show this young man that age doesn't affect my fists"

"Make sure you dodge and record for me" I take it as my que to hang up hearing another man's voice start to spiral into words i wouldn't even repeat myself as i get up

I grab my purse not after tidying up my desk and leaving out the door. But seeing Mia at the receptionist desk instead of my friend which answered why I haven't heard from her since earlier.

"Do you happen to know where Sophia went" She looks up to me as if not rendering me in yet taking a moment to respond

"Sorry no something about it being date night, but she told me to stay until you left. She thought you would need me for something"

God, I hate her crazy weird predictions. This is why I thought she had some sort of mystical ancestry within her family tree as this isn't the first time.

"You came in a car right? My driver got in an accident and I unfortunately need a ride back home."

"I can most definitely do that Mrs. Write, I just need to pack up and then we can go."

I nod watching the woman maneuver things from behind the receptionists desk but i instead go to the elevator then pressing the button to stop myself

As soon as the elevator comes to this floor she's behind me walking into the enclosed space. Though I know I constructed this elevator to have more than enough space it felt different right now.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I was startled when the elevator reached the lobby floor,"I'm gonna go get my car it'll only take a moment"

Walking together briefly to the building's doors as I listen I only stop letting her go retrieve her vehicle."Glad you haven't fired her yet Mrs.Write" Turning I find Ross behind the desk doing god knows what."

"I thought you hated everyone that worked here"

"Well I have my exceptions and that girl definitely makes it onto my list, it's like she over achieves while not even trying and doesn't beat around the bush with crap."

I nod shifting weight on my heels as a car pulls up and i watch her get out going to the passenger side opening the door,

"she just does things without being expected or asked to do"

"I've yet to fully test that but I have a feeling you're right."