Chapter 19 - Setting Up

Mia pov

Weeks later as we floated into November it had gotten busier as everyone rushed to finish their work before it was too late. And I even had more work as the week everyone was let off for thanksgiving was near. Though, had someone told me Alina's assistant was the one who threw the 'we get a week off' party I would've been more prepared.

But I had to pull strings that weren't even mine to get a few venues. So now I'm standing in the bloomin cold, freezing the tips of my fingers off while I wait for the delivery van to get here. Granted I could've waited inside, but I actually liked the cold and I was kinda avoiding Nara.

Even in my attempts to brush her off she still found new ways to force me to get to talk to her. Like yesterday, I can only assume she waited until I was finished organizing Alina's schedule for a few parties she needed to attend over the break. I was surprised that it was such a coincidence she was over at our side because their elevator was acting up.

On the good side of the passing days I could only assume I grew close to not only Sophia but Alina too. I even invited her to my mom's thanksgiving party. It wasn't much of a party if it only consisted of her, me and Liam, my mom's girlfriend who I haven't precisely critiqued yet. So the merrier.

Finally I see five vans pull up with the logo of the place we signed up with. I wouldn't dare to even try to pronounce it but the only thing that mattered was some Toni guy. He was the only one who spoke English and would be helping me control the rest of the hirees.

All at once people evade the van but only one guy who I presume is Tony meets me holding his hand out which I shake,"Are you Ms. Lexy?"

"Yes but please call me Mia."

"Just tell me where you want us. But I hope you know it'll take us an hour or two to set up."

"Yes I remember what was mentioned over the phone and would you follow me"

I waved at the few men and fewer women which got me some nods before leading Tony up to the ninth floor. Alina said they had planned on this being the floor for customer service but decided against it, leaving it vacated only for parties.

"And like you mentioned you'll be doing decorations too?"

"Well we were being paid extra to do so but yes Ms- Mia"

"Well I'll leave you to it and if you have any questions I'm on the fifteenth floor right side."

He only nods and I make my way back up to finish the little I had to do before the party. I was going to check on Alina but she'd been busy since this morning though the laughter which I know belongs to Sophia makes me question if they're actually doing work.

Not that I mean her ill will. I was glad but confused seeing Miss Saura instead of Nara coming. She took a side glance at Alina's closed door before coming over to me. I've visited her a few times to hand something over per Mrs. Write's request and from our small conversations I kinda find her nice,"you know when she'll be free?"

"Oh Sophia's just in there. How's your day going though?"

"Not swell. I'm not gonna lie, I have a feeling I won't be here any longer and I'm shaking in my shoes. But if you tell anyone that they'll never believe you"

"Ignoring the sort of threat, are you leaving?"

"I'm tied to her husband. The moment they divorce she has a choice to keep me on or fire me. And I haven't exactly been a 'nice' person over the years. I guess I got too cocky in the process."

"It's never too late to redeem yourself. I'm not saying grovel but a simple apology goes a long way more than whatever you might've had planned." She rolls her eyes, crossing her arms but shrugs before coming to sit next to me.

"She has this big open hallway and you would think there would be furniture other than in front of the receptionist desk."

"Oh, are our rolling chairs too much of an inconvenience, your majesty?"

"You're just so damn refreshing. Welp it is game time, wish me luck" Just then Sophia comes out stopping in her tracks to glare at Saura. But she just brushes it off going past her as she moves out the way.

"Was she threatening you? Or did she loosen a screw in my chair? Sweetie you know you can tell me I won't mention your name in the statement"

"Oh stop it" she pokes me in the side but i intently look towards her office with the door that remains open. I only heard hushed words until I saw Alina. We made eye contact for a moment and she smiled before closing her door.