Chapter 16 - Her House

Mia pov

Pulling up to the curve I was glad to see the gate open, but I felt a weird sensation below called my Lexy senses telling me something might be a foot.

I look over to the woman sleeping soundly unsure if I would even want to wake her. But our time together is coming to an end, and I don't want to overstay my welcome, especially after what I've done.

I gently shake her until her eyelashes start to flutter open watching as she looks confused in a daze until those eyes connect with mine.

My breath hitches when her hand comes up tucking what must be a strand of my hair wondering what's going through her mind right now.

"Do you want to see it?"

"What?"

"My house or do you want something to drink before you leave?"

"Yes and yes"

I wasn't even looking at her home, but I quickly shuffled out the driver side glad I'd mastered wearing heels early on in life.

I made it over to her side, opening the door and lending my hand to her as she gradually took in her state. While I still couldn't tell if she might be a bit tipsy, the only symptom was that her cheeks were a bit flushed.

"Maybe I should go home or actually go back to work"

"It's bad to go back on your word Ms. Lexy"

Feeling shivers down my back I follow in complete silence unsure of my position at the moment. Though I hover behind her unconfident by the steps she swiftly goes up even if there are only a few. And soon the door was unlocked with warmth pouring out the building making me think that could be why her cheeks were red.

"Sit down over there"

She points towards a pathway where I see a couch as she leaves somewhere else. I cautiously do so not wanting to accidentally bump into anything that's expensive now just seeing how decorative the place was. However, I have a feeling she wasn't the one who did it after seeing mostly baby pictures of Julia or some with Sophia. But never the man of mystery i've yet to thankfully meet. And as soon as that thought comes to mind I fully regret seeing a man sitting on the couch facing towards the window looking back at me.

"Who are you"

"I'm Mrs- Alina's assistant"

"Oh so she's home"

I internally grimace watching him literally check me up from top to bottom as a horrendous smile comes on his face.

"You're quite the pretty thing to be working for that woman"

"That woman is your wife though i didn't know i would be reminding you of that today"

He gets up and I'm now thankful for having that pepper spray my mom gave me within the center of my palm waiting to be used. Fortunately for him Alina comes from behind me, frowning at him.

"What are you doing here"

"This is my house"

"I was the one who bought it. Your name isn't even mentioned within the deed"

"I'm going to leave"

"No..." She puts a hand on my forearm holding it there as she looks back to Levi,"Levi I changed the locks for a reason so I know this is breaking and entering. So you either leave or I use the ornamental katana to show I was only defending myself. Or who knows if I grabbed the gun i prestigiously placed in the kitchen. I also have a witness now so that's also counted against you."

He takes out a terribly creased folder slamming it onto the table in front of him pointing at Alina as rage seems to be now put into his expression,"you dare to kick me down even more after losing my partnership with Forthward and now you're divorcing me?!"

"I don't see why that has anything to do with our divorce seeing as we both want it Levi."

"It makes me look weak losing my top investor and wife at the same time" her grip on my arm tightens as he starts to pace back in forth within the room stopping and starting to laugh for a moment,"were you two fucking?"

"Ew what? God Levi, are you disgusting or are you drunk? You need to go to rehab and get your brain screwed on right"

I hear the door and she takes me hand now leading me to where Alexander now stands.

"Where is he"

"In the living room"

"I'll change the password on the gate on my way out"

"Thank you"

"And Mia, could you stay until I get back? I don't want her alone. And no you can't bargain yourself out of this Write"

He soon leaves with Levi failing to get out of his grip and i just stand there with her at my side until i hear her sigh"if you're still interested i'll give you a tour"

I nod, thinking it might be best to keep her busy and hesitant to even speak about what just happened. Plus, I don't exactly want to leave her alone with her thoughts. I know those can be even more dangerous.