Chapter 49 - Super Glue and Burglars

Mia pov

A full two days have passed since then. Though the time didn't go without reassuring texts and a few calls. I had mostly been with my moms for the duration of it. Plus it was a good distraction especially since Noah was here.

He wasn't in the mindset of 'I have nowhere else to go and should be gracious that my mom still loves me enough to let me stay with her'. So it was constant bickering and if he even dared to say anything regarding his savior or Alina I made sure to put him in his place. I got it through his thick head after having a sibling one on one. Let's just say he might not have any children if I kept kicking him where the light doesn't shine.

I jiggled my keys walking up the stairs to my apartment. I was also on my phone about to call Alina just to check up on the woman. Though had I not heard a grunting sound I would've missed the most precious thing, well at least it is to me. There she is focused with a crowbar nested in her hands trying to unstick the key from the concrete floor.

I could tell she had been at this for a while since her jacket was discarded beside her and her sleeves from a grey turtleneck rolled up. I think I could even see some dust from the floor displayed on her bum. Guess today wasn't the right day to wear black jeans.

One thing I hope she never figures out is that the key there just goes to my utility closet. I thought it'd be funny if a burglar even had enough time to get it off the ground just to find out it doesn't go to my apartment. Though I thought she'd have called me instead of taking on this task.

And I'm glad I saw her and no one else as this could lead to a certain someone being charged. She sighed, pulling out her phone probably and I had to immediately silence my phone seeing her call show up. I made my presence known finding her surprised face as the most adorable expression, "Well aren't you my little handy dandy woman"

Her features soften at laughing and shaking her head. She starts to get up and brushes off the dirt upon her knees, "I tried acetone but it was taking too long and thought this would work."

"Where were you even hiding a crowbrow?"

"Your neighbor next door who thankfully remembered me had one." She places my mat back in defeat and I take the opportunity to brush the residue that was still on her butt. She looks back at me questionably and I shrug and also get her jacket, opening the door to my own palace.

I hung that and my coat up seething in the warmth I set my place to. When I look to find her again she's now on my couch eyeing me expectedly patting the space beside her. Though before I could decide to go there she instead pulled me onto her lap smiling deviously, "This is a bit more intimate than expected."

She bites her lips making me direct my attention to them only for a moment before I attach myself to them. I only gave the kiss a short while since I knew she had other agendas then kissing me at the moment. After pulling away from each other she clears her throat securely wrapping her arms around my waist.

"So being a perfectionist and all was a part of this but mostly my own previous problems. I had already thought of the way I would propose. But when I saw the ring I acted on a whim even deciding to do it as a Christmas present. Plus I didn't want you to have any doubts about us. Even though it's been more than half a year since my divorce I didn't want you to think I'd just up and marry anyone."

"Alina, I know you and Levi were divorced before the paperwork even started. Julia even explained that to me herself."

"She did? Gosh I'm so glad you two get along that really just makes things easier."

"Yeah well I'm lovable as you already know. Now continue"

"I thought I should wait but I had already- well, that wasn't much of a proposal but I can always make up for that. I didn't bring into account if you'd want to get married or if you were ready for the next step," I was about to retaliate but she smiled shushing my with her index finger, "You assured me by not only accepting the ring, showing it off and telling people what a 'sugar momma' i was"

I groan, throwing my head back remembering the end of Sophia's family party. It was not my best moment but that eggnog was the best I had ever had. "But you practically held my hand helping me through this even though it should've been our happy moment."

"You know i hoped you wouldn't have brought that back up"

"You tried to dance on the table and it took me, Sophia and Julia to convince you not to."

"Yes but the important thing was that I understood."

"Drunkenly so but yes. Thank you for just being you and my first important objective to complete is to properly ask you for your hand."

"I can't wait but as of now i deserve two days worth of missed loving"

"That i can do"