Chapter 22 - Last Friday

Mia pov

My mind couldn't settle down. It's been three days since last Friday and my thoughts have just been swimming around aimlessly trying to get to the bottom of an endless pit. I know that she must be busy with her daughter which is what Sophia's been telling me and I don't exactly have her phone number, just her email. And what would I exactly do with an email? Send 'hey about that kiss can we talk about it' titled Friday's events for the subject.

So basically all communication is out the window and all I can really do is wait for tomorrow when she will be here.

"Hey you need to be looking when you're cutting that. I can't have two women in the kitchen who can't cook"

"See how she treats Liam. It's your choice to keep up with that though" her infectious laugh surrounds my kitchen and i'm just happy that i can focus on something else. But I'm honestly at the end of my rope with questions to ask her. She's an accountant at some well known consultant firm which means I know she has the bucks to take care of mum. But does she have the mind for it?

One can only know what happens behind closed doors i guess. I hiss, feeling a sharp pain in my finger, knowing damn well I'm going to get told off for not paying attention again. Though surprisingly i don't hear a thing as a warm cloth surrounds my finger and she leads me into my living room and to the couch. She leaves for a moment and I only nod at Liam after she asks if I'm ok. A moment after she's back with the petroleum jelly and a bandage. Honestly I don't even feel anything after having sat down, I'm just scared as to why she hasn't said anything.

"What made you so distracted? I thought you were going to tell me but I've let it go since Monday"

"I have no idea what you're talking about and thank you"

"I'm calling in my mom card before I curse you out in our native tongue. Plus you tell me everything! What's different about this thing your hiding"

"...remember when you went through that incident? The only incident we never really talked about because I understood it since I went through the same incident as well?"

"Liam honey cover your ears for me"

"when you came out to dad after falling in love with our next door neighbor. "

"...I thought we talked about that"

"yes but not in detail, like when exactly you started having feelings for her. And also the fact that dad is a total homophobic dude that even converted his son to be so as well"

"Is that why he hasn't been talking to me? Ok wait what does this have to do with you? Did your father..."

"No, we just stopped talking and stuff when I came out. If it weren't for the scholarships I know damn well I wouldn't have gotten him to help with it. But that's just it, you're going to have to wait for me to tell you this particular thing. It's not even figured out yet"

"so you found someone?", I throw my hands up groaning as if she just failed a pep talk,"alright ok I'll stop but if your not going to focus with a sharp object in your hand maybe I'll put you onto a different task"

"thank you mom. And Liam is too obedient for my liking. What is she gonna do when you two are fighting?"

"It's cute though, just look at her over there. You know under that jacket she has some strong arms"

I grimace, motioning her away from me, "ew mom, don't be gross in my apartment. I'm just barely allowing you two to even touch in my presence"

But I was happy to see her happy. And who knows this unexplainable thing with Alina might turn out to be something more. I almost have hope for the unseeable future but as I've said one could never know.