Chapter 13 - Finally Done

Alina pov

"I just sent them to him. Well someone under my lawyer did it in person. Tell them to get a picture of his face when they do it."

"Did you get the gate and locks changed like i said"

"Yes and I already talked to Julia about it and locked him out of her trust fund just in case. I've told the bank to notify me if he tries to access my part too."

Sophia squeezed my shoulder before leaving my side behind my desk,"i could stay you know"

"It's your anniversary and i know you love surprises, why keep you from your little heart getting so excited"

"Oh shut up before I send my calvary in here to pester you"

"And who might that be?"

"Mia is now my right hand and only after a month. I swear she's the most trustworthy person I've met in years. Too bad the world is gonna change her"

Hugging myself, I look the other way, feeling warm at the mention of her. A few days ago I let my guard down at the expense of her simple gesture.

"Don't be zoning out too much today and I gotta go before I'm late."

She kissed me, opening my door to leave and I could hear her talking to Mia. I've been so busy configuring my next few steps against Levi I haven't really talked to her much. Though she had helped me this morning we kept it short since I was on the phone when she came in.

I crossed my legs wondering if I should walk out there to talk to her. She beat me to it though as I flinched seeing her knock on my open door. She fiddles with the belt on her waist before fully walking into my office.

"Would you like to get lunch with me?" She looks nervous but sure of herself placing her hands near her side to intently look at me

"You.. um lunch?"

"Yea... Sophia talked about your favorite restaurant and since it's friday i thought you might have more time"

"Sure why not. I can actually go now, I wasn't doing much"

She smiles before checking her wrist watch looking back at me,"I need to drop off a few documents on the floor below us, but other than that i'm ready to go"

"I'll meet you at the elevator"

She leaves soon after I follow after seeing a woman I didn't recognize speaking to her as she moves a stack of paper around. I could literally see the distress in Mia's face but this woman couldn't,"who are you?"

The woman looks me in the eyes before scoffing, irritating me,"I'm Nora", she says it in a tone as if i'm supposed to know her but i don't think she's one of my clients,"I'm Ms. Saura's assistant"

"Oh then shouldn't you be over on that side with her?"

"I only wanted to talk to Mia for a moment" noticing her struggling i go behind the desk grabbing the bag she was reaching for it and touching her back so she could start moving

"We're about to leave you can do that later"

I put on my fake smile leading Mia to the elevator while also watching her walk off in the corner of my eye. When the doors opened she was the first one followed by me,"I have a feeling you don't usually say no"

"I do it's just that there wasn't a reason for me to not be friendly but she just comes at the wrong times, and she doesn't exactly say much nice things about people"

The doors open again and I just keep them open watching as she swiftly hands the paper work over to the woman at the receptionist desk. She returns with a smile on her face waving to the woman as the doors close,"want some candy"

"Is that what you get in return for helping them?"

"Well yesterday she gave me... toblerone? but since we're about to eat, I don't want to overdo it."

She holds her hand out with an orange wrapped sweet in it "you said that wrong, and I don't want any"

"Then save it for later"

"You are resilient for this but you can't say no?"

I put the candy in my purse and soon we were out the elevator heading towards the entrance. I think I caught the security team off guard when one spilled a drink after making eye contact with me. But my attention returns back to her as we are out in the cold.

"By the way... I don't know how to get there"