Chapter 8 - Questions

Mia pov

Somewhere around eleven I finished and I was just waiting for an opportunity to give them back. Getting up, I held her laptop in my hand and knocked on the closed door feeling my nerves rise in my stomach. It only gets worse when I hear a soft 'come in' opening the door to see Mrs. Write not yet looking at me but this time with glasses on.

"I finished transferring the files Mrs. Write" She slowly turns, looking at me with a crease," Is there anything else you'd like for me to do?"

"You really finished all of that? It's now even mid day yet"

"Well it isn't hard unless you wanted them filed indifferent than what was on paper" she hums fixating her glasses and i swear to heavens my heart just leaped when she did so

"Alright i have some else hold on" I walk up to her desk with her laptop in hand not knowing where i should place it,"oh right thank you" she takes it off my hand before writing down a few names then numbers with c or r, dates, and a time beside them

"This list goes on and on but I don't remember each and every name but here's the start." Those same nerves assemble again as she stares at me handing me the paper,"you received an email address for working yes?"

"Oh yes Mrs. Keller gave it yesterday"

"Then I will send you the rest by email. The r means reschedule while the c means cancelation. And if any of those people start a hissy fit send the call to my office phone" she looks down to her watch about to say something else as she turns in her chair hearing a pop. she grimaces looking down before turning her gaze back to me."and you can take your lunch break however early or late you want it to be"

"Are you hungry?" she looks at me puzzlingly before answering

"What?"

"I could retrieve something for you now or later, whenever is best for you Mrs. Write"

"I'm good for now maybe later, and if your about to say you have to tell Sophia just don't

"Well i have to tell Bea actually"Who knew i would actually have to use one of Mrs. Keller's comebacks in pronouncing her middle name but i think i'm witnessing a momentum right now. It was the first time i've actually seen this beautiful woman smile although wickedly and it was as amazing as i thought it would be"I'm sorry but you have a pretty smile"

She looks taken aback removing that smile and replacing it with a sort of flabbergasted expression "I'll um go get these done now"

I wasn't trying to be so forward in saying that it really just slipped. Sitting back at the receptionist desk that now has two seats, I place my head in my hands, scolding myself quietly.

Just as i regain my bearings i look back to the paper that's a little scrunched up now about to start until i notice the figure in front of me startling me

"Sorry I didn't want to interrupt what you were doing"

"I apologize but what can I help you with?"

"I just came to see you, got bored doing nothing over there"

"Saura doesn't give you much work?"

"Well I mainly work on the floor below us just taking things up to Saura when it's something she needs to sign, though it's quite boring down there" that doesn't quite sound like the floor I was on during the week. They were as lively as I'd seen a workplace while still getting their work done and not to mention friendly.

"Well I gotta get started on this list so I can get lunch after"

"Is she giving you too much?" Is this woman not getting the hint that I don't want to converse anymore?

Thankfully I saw Mrs. Keller in all her glory came into view,"go back to your side gremlin don't make me start having to make cuts on your behalf"

Nora rolls her eyes before waving at me and I put on a fake smile as she finally walks away,"I can't believe that grown ass woman just rolled her eyes at me. What are we, teenagers?"

She nudges me and i laugh with her before she heads into her friends office leaving again with kinda regret of my actions