Chapter 54 - Our Home

Alina pov

Stopping, I look over to the car's passenger side with a blindfolded Alina there. She had her bottom lip between her lips and I'm just surprised she hasn't tried to peek yet. She had been playing with the ring on my finger after I placed my hand on her jumping leg a mile back, "do I get to take this off now?"

"No, now just hold on for a minute and I'll help you out," I quickly leave the vehicle, abandoning my shoes to travel faster. I held onto my coat making my way through the pathway and into Alina's dream house. Thankfully the kitchen wasn't far and I could easily find the ring I put in the cupboard.

Though I wish I had as many lives as a cat when I slipped and fell onto my back. It was like the air left me but like people do in public I got up and walked it off like that never happened. And no one (even the reader) saw that.

I was back at the car opening the door for Alina unsure if she looked. By the way she was just ready to get out. I could almost guess she did. But when I did take the covering off she just looked content with her eyes on me, "I can't believe you left me all alone."

"I was gone for just a moment i swear," I had made sure to position Alina with her back to the house more than ready to see her reaction, "Ok just a little information preceding this. You already know my dad stole money and all that and when I met with mom's lawyer he told me some... interesting things. One of them is that I could cease all of his possessions. I was looking down the list and saw a recent big purchase. And to keep this short after a bit of digging I found your treasure," I spinned her around at the last sentence hearing a soft gasp as I steadied her.

I positioned myself at her side feeling my heart flutter with the many expressions passing through her. First was amazement then happiness, confusion and somehow petrified at the end of it. I saw tears begin to form and I was about to smother her with love before i'm engulfed into a hug.

She squeezed me tightly before letting go to wipe her eyes. I grabbed a hold of her hands to stop those actions, "Another thing... If you're alright?" She nodded and I dug the red box my mother gave me from my pocket, shifting closer to form some type of heat. Dammit I should've taken this inside but wouldn't it ruin the moment? I opened the box presenting the heirloom to her biting my lip thinking of how to start this.

"I thought I'd beat you in proposing. I spoke to my mother about it because I wanted to use my grandma's ring. I wanted this to have as much meaning as the ring you gave me because I'm the reason I get butterflies everyday. But that could eithe be because of the sex or... because i love you so much Alina," She was all smiles as i fitted it onto her finger. She started to place kisses all over me but I took a step back letting go of a sneeze I had to fight to keep in, "Where are your shoes!?"

"In the car, you don't mind if we take this inside right?," she nods, taking a hold of my hand though i don't move right away having not heard the answer i hope for, "So is that a yes?"

"Mia you know damn well i want to marry you shortcakes more than anything. I mean I literally just proposed if not an hour ago."

I got on my literal tippy toes to kiss her temple then her rose red lips,"Just had to be sure."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 55 - Pins and Needles

Mia pov

About a month later I pursued moving and packing. And somewhere between that we fit in making decisions on a wedding. I know there's planning before the dress stage but mom told us figuring out the dress is the most important part before anything, so we started there. And that leads me to my current situation with my grandma's wedding dress on.

Feeling a sharp pain on the back of my leg I jumped again for about the hundredth time now, "Would you stop moving!," Sighing, I look back to my oh so lovely mom who looks focused but she should get a damn license if I want to trust her with these needles.

"You keep pricking me with the needle!"

"I wouldn't have if you'd have stopped moving since we started"

"Liam, can you get my mother please!"

"Oh hush your fine and she's busy getting ahold of your cousin so don't bother her."

Lifting a brow I didn't know which one since I have too many to count, "Which cousin?"

"The one that thought her daughter would get married before mine. I'm gonna rub this all in her face and after i'll invite her too," She had this evil glint in her eyes as she said that and who am i to stop her?

"Do you remember when Alina said she'd come?"

"She's your wife don't you know?"

"Mom, I broke my phone. I told you that when I got here. I told her to text you. And I'd really like to be out of the dress before she sees it," I swear every important thing I say goes in one ear and out her other.

"Don't worry your pretty little head over anything because if you mess up any of the pins i've put in the dress we'll have to start all over," She patted the dress down before stepping back to admire her work. She looked as happy as when I said I wanted to wear grandma's dress. A knock at the door interrupts the moment as she points to her large mirror, "I'm gonna go see who that is. Don't look at yourself yet since I need to make arrangements and it'll look much different."

My legs were more than happy to leave that wobbling stool going into her closet. I attempted the whole dress shopping thing but everything tried on wasn't my taste. Not even a second later mom rushed in locking the door, "Come on we gotta get you out of there Alina's here and you know it's bad luck."

I lifted my hands knowing the dress could come down only up and off, "Start shimmying out of it we don't have all day."

"It's not my fault you made everything so tight."

"I made sure to outline your assets no matter how small they are."

"Mom! They're average, unique, and you made me this way. Now I'm gonna go to my woman who appreciates them, thank you very much," I quickly put my clothes on and kissed her cheek before I left.

I'm met with a tense feeling in the room when I find Alina sitting awkwardly beside Noah, "Only one person should be in this room since someone should be looking for a job."

"No one speaks English around here!"

"That doesn't mean you give up. So get your ass off the couch as rent is due and you haven't paid."

"This isn't even your place."

"Neither is it yours but someone has to whoop your ass since dad taught you to be a spoiled brat. Now OUT!," He grumbles something in passing me and I give him a little shove before plopping into Alina's lap.

"You have no idea how stressful that kid makes me," The arms I've more than gotten used to surround me and a soft hum comes from her.

"I at least tried to make conversation but with the sole fact I put his dad away... Y'know...," While I understand that he outta thanks her really. Had Alina dug any deeper like the lawyer did, dad started to put a few things under Noah's name. It would've only been a matter of time before he got entangled within the scandal.

Sighing, I look constantly at her then steal a few much needed kisses to soothe myself, "I'm so happy to see you," That brings out her wonderful smile causing a chain reaction.

"Me too honey. Are you ready though?," Just then I remembered the small get-together she planned with a few of her old friends. Though one of them thought to challenge me to bowling. I might not be good but there's nothing like going out with a bang when there's drinking involved.

"Oh you know I am, let's go."