Chapter 43 - Lips Sealed

Mia pov

Days later my nerves started to calm especially in the addition of Julia in the household. I feel like we got off to a good start last Thanksgiving and she only confirmed that,"What are you making?"

"Just chicken alfredo. Alina liked it so I thought you would too.", I took my eyes off the pan looking to see her eyes roam over the materials in front of me.

"It's weird you are doing this.", With a brow lifted and a worried feeling I rethink everything I'd said wondering what I did wrong,"Oh! No no not like that Mia. Trust me, I'm happy that you make my mom happy. I've never even seen her smile so much just because of you. And you're actually real unlike the many woman dad's been trying to impress me with. I almost feel as if he's trying to replace mom but terribly failing at doing so. I meant the fact that there's an actual meal being prepared in this house and nothing burned yet."

"Oh... Thank you, you don't know how much that means to me."

"Now don't go all mushy on me and instead tell me how to make this. I have someone I'd like to impress and maybe I could make this for them."

"College experimentation?"

"Oh no, I actually already went through that phase in high school. And if you tell mom that I'm telling her about the vase you broke yesterday."

"My lips are sealed", I start by telling her a few things about what to use so she wouldn't do anything to not burn either side of the poultry,"So who's the lucky person?"

"She um- Her name is Olly and she is majoring in business just like me; I met her through one of my classes. I don't know, I'm getting signals that she likes me but she gets all goofy whenever I try to bring it up."

"That might just mean she's nervous. And if she's only doing it with you it's safe to say the feeling is in fact mutual."

"You think so?"

"I kinda was with Alina on our first few dates. In this broad world there are the people who are head strong and those who are heart strong. I'm no scientist or whoever is an expert on feelings but as I feel with my heart, I try harder to protect it than anything else which includes cracking jokes to get out of serious situations. Those who are head strong can easily control themselves and even be blunt with their sentiments."

"So mom snatched herself a wise one huh?"

"You know it.", Loud ringing erupts from a phone behind me and I take the spatula from her as she hurries to answer it.

"She's calling", I look behind me watching the girl's reaction turn from happy to nervous and back again before looking at me,"I wanna go answer this.", I only nod to finish what we started.

I was done almost a year later going to inform the girls the food was ready. I only found Alina as she had been in her office handling some 'business' which probably entailed her trying to get ahold of that realtor that screwed us over. I get annoyed though feeling my own phone vibrate as another text from Noah comes through. I ignore it, throwing my phone onto the counter heading to Alina's office.

She was distracted as I came in with her face scrunched cutely with her glasses on the brim of her nose. When she does see me as i drift closer she smiles towards me getting up," How's my girl doing?",

"Exceptionally fine and even more so when you came in.", My cheeks start to burn at how wide I was smiling, gasping when her hands squeezed my ass.

"Why miss Write isn't this against the company policy?"She scoffs as I break free from her grasp going to the other end of her desk.

"Oh shut up and come here.", In one swift movement she captured me in her arms again placing kisses all across my face.

"Ew gross at least close the door guys."We both look at Julia with her arms crossed in the doorway laughing at her expression,"I mean I already know I'm single but you don't have to keep showing all your lovidoveyness around me."

"Are you two ready to eat? I don't want the food to get cold."

"Lead the way, babe."