Chapter 58 - The Steps to our Future

Alina pov

"Julia, would you please get your hands off me!," She eventually removes her hands from over my eyes, but as I turn to face her, she is still staring out the window. When I looked around, I noticed Faye had moved to Rose's side, and both women were staring out the window too, "Was there a car wreck or something?"

Faye was the only one who responded by nodding her head while continuing to stare in the direction. I was perplexed, unable to see what they were looking at because I was on the far left side, opposite Julia. Rose was the first to glance away, turning her focus to her phone as the object vibrated, and a smile quickly appeared on her face, "I just know Mia's gonna keep you happy and worn after the ceremony."

My brow furrowed, wondering what that meant, and much more so as we came to a halt. The door opens, and Julia shuffles to where Rose had been before Mia's mother joins us, "I thought you were going to be riding with Mia. ...Is everything alright?"

"Yes, don't worry. Also Mia said you look beautiful by the way and you do," My heart warmed as she placed her palm over mine, but it also quickened when I realized Mia might have seen me. I took extra precautions getting dressed this morning since I knew my nosy girl would attempt to snoop. I was fortunate to have paired Charlie on her side so she could be scooped up and transported away if necessary.

"Did she see me?"

"No but she already knew and might I say you three did a wonderful job," While Rose smiled towards the woman Faye eyed the two girls before speaking.

"Can't say I should take all the credit but Rose was trying to have a drinking contest with Alina. And Julia was in a love sick conversation with a mystery girl,"

"I was helping with her nerves," As Rose had never been one to back down, I guess she forgot who the moms of our group were.

"I told you it was fine for her bachelorette party but on the wedding day it's a strict no. And I swear if you do anything out of line I will discreetly drag you to where no one can see us, call Vivienne and let her tell you off."

Before I made my own response, I restrained my laughter, as did the woman next to me and Julia, "And this is why I paired you two together for perfect stability. Now how long will this drive be?"

------------------------------

Ms. Lexy and I had exchanged places by the time we arrived at the church, so I could see it in all its magnificence. While the outside is as lovely as the interior, I nearly didn't select this location over the steps.

 While the outside is as lovely as the interior, I nearly didn't select this location over the steps

The chauffeur after stopping right before the stairs came around and opened the door. I grasped for his hand, aware that a misstep may cause me to tumble, and who would want that just now?

I nodded and thanked the driver before taking my first few steps up till an arm was hooked around my own. The three other women returned my smile as I got perplexed as to why Ms. Lexy opted to keep me here, "Shouldn't we get there quickly? Mia would be coming at any moment."

"Let's just say we have time."

"But the time is-," My arm is softly squeezed by the woman and I felt somewhat relieved by her next words.

"It's fine Alina. I'm going to be leading you down the aisle."

"What?," It's like an up and down battle with my nerves and all these damn steps aren't helping.

"Mia wanted me to before you reject," That left me fumbling over why I wish I could just speak to her about now but I guess this isn't really the time.

"Then is she...," Words didn't come to mind so i just absently pointed towards the direction of the church hoping she'd catch my drift.

"Yes she's already here."

"Why didn't she want to be the one going being led in though. Did something happen before I came? Wait, is that why they were all looking out the window? Did Mia hur-"

"She's in perfect condition, trust me. Plus I need you to be calm before we get there. I wouldn't want my new daughter fighting for her life as I walk her down now."

My eyes widened as I read those words. We'd previously had the 'if you hurt my kid, I'll kill you' conversation, and after it had been sweet between us. I really felt a part of her family as she treated me like her own. She even reminded me of the mother I wished I had right now, but I didn't want to take any chances or be too hasty to assume that.

As we got closer to the summit, I was already fighting back tears as she took the lead by holding my hand. Right before the ceremony, the big doors welcomed us to the white hall. There was also a large mirror adjacent to the area, and I took advantage of the opportunity to smooth out the dress as if it wasn't already in fine shape.

 There was also a large mirror adjacent to the area, and I took advantage of the opportunity to smooth out the dress as if it wasn't already in fine shape

"You look fine honey. Now coming here, a good hug always helps me overcome my emotions. And i just so happen to give the best ones," I sniffed letting the woman engulf me into a bear hug one that i could never refuse hoping that i wouldn't shed any tears. When she pulled back I felt like the weight I'd been carrying was somehow lifted, making me smile, "Now are you ready to go and marry my daughter?"

"Oh I'm more than ready."