Chapter 35 - Apologies

Alina pov

Nothing, even this headache, could make up for my slip up. And I was certainly paying for it. I thought she'd at least give me a moment to apologize but it's like she has strings like a puppeteer to pull people out of hiding when I don't want them here. I haven't even been in my damn office tracking all over this building trying to get ahold of her.

Sighing I sat behind the receptionist desk just hoping she'd show up knowing that wouldn't happen any time soon. Then the one person I know she definitely told based on her expression follows out the elevator. She doesn't even speak first ignoring my presence but is still going to sit down next to me dropping her things into a drawer.

Then she turns in her chair looking directly at me before getting closer and kicking me with full force. I hissed in pain, holding the area holding myself back from doing anything that could put me in jail,"You only get to do that once without backslash."

I look up to Sophia who's still just looking and I swear this is the longest I haven't heard her talk,"Why would you even say something like that? After many years of a terrible marriage you finally meet someone who could put up with you and you're ruining it."

"I know, I know. Have you spoken to her?"

"Of course I have Numskull as she's my new best friend."

"Ok whatever, where is she?"

"She still doesn't want to speak to you."

"It's been a whole week!"

"Doesn't seem long enough in my opinion but I do hate seeing her mad about you. I mean you really couldn't think of literally any comeback other than that? What event prompted the comment?"

"Just Levi getting in my head and the alcohol really didn't help the interaction."She stands up then goes through some folders before handing me a few papers.

"What is this?"

"I was coming up to get those for Mia, she's in the copy room on the floor below us. And if you fuck up your redemption and i lose her too I'm telling her about the time you feel down the stairs."

"I didn't fall, you pushed me."

"Oh so you remember that detail but you don't know common sense when talking to loved ones? And don't talk back to me, I'm older now!"

I'd already left the chair now in the elevator wondering why things always go so slow when you don't want them to. When the doors finally opened I rushed past a few people thankfully not running into anyone until I made it to the room. Her front was away from me but the sound of my heels alerted her, making my heart go crazy at the horrible outcomes this could lead to,"Sophia this damn machine isn't working again you guys really need to get another one."

With her back still turned away from me I closed and locked the door and slowly made my way to her not sure of how I should start. She turned around then and the glimmer I loved seeing each and every day was scarce but still there giving me hope.

I was about to speak before her attempt to go past me but I held onto her wrist for dear life as if I'd never get the opportunity to do this again which I think would be the case."Please you can't just keep avoiding. I don't want you to have to do that."

"What are you gonna do? Fire me?"

"You know I wouldn't. Can we please just talk? I want a chance to apologize."

"I don't think it's been long enough."

She pulls away fast and I lose sense running after her, closing the door back as it was just beginning to open, spinning her and trapping her."If someone came in they'd think you're attacking me."

"Well there's only one entrance"

"But thanks to your architect there are windows on the walls which have their blinds open.", She Looks left and I follow her gaze to two co workers watching with their mouths open and I take a step back unsure what I could even say to them. Though I honestly didn't care, thinking it would've been better had we just been open about our relationship in the first place as if people couldn't tell already.

I look back to the smaller woman and if looks could kill hers definitely did,"We're going to my office whether you want to or not and if I have to put you over my shoulder to take you there I damn sure will."