Chapter 45 - Business Dealt With

Alina pov

"Are you sure it's so important that you're missing this dinner with me?"I brush her hair behind her ear as those puppy eyes come out trying to change my mind.

"I swear I'll be back just in time for his annual end of dinner toast.", She sighs in defeat leaving me to go put on the jewelry she brought the night before for Alexander's yearly almost Christmas party.

"Yea but Julia said Alexander's family clears out the food like a buffet. I might not be able to save you anything."

"That's perfectly fine honey, I'll just get something on our way back.", She looks at me smiling before leaving my vanity to stand in front of my mirror.

"Do you think this is too much?"I come up behind her snaking my hands around my waist to pull her into me. She was fitted in a flamboyant red dress with white reindeer at the bottom of the knee length clothing.

"Oh no honey it's perfect. It kinda makes me worried for you too. I don't want anyone hitting on your little reindeer.", She leans fully into me after smoothing down the dress interlocking our fingers.

"Then make it known I'm taken Alina.", A cheeky grin comes onto her face as I move her hair from the right side of her neck before biting down until a visible mark is left.

"Think that'll do?"

"Most definitely.", She winked at me through the mirror before looking down at her watch swiftly turning in my arms,"I gotta go before even if I don't get a chance to eat. I'm gonna go get Julia and we'll see you later?"

"Mhmm and tell her not to do anything rash ok? And stay inside the house where everyone is alright?"

"Of course I will and I'll be in hover mode babe, bye", She kissed me one last time letting it linger a bit longer than the previous ones before fitting on her shoes and leaving. I heard a bit of bickering knowing Julia was getting ready last minute as I do myself before it disperses. At the sound of the front door closing I got up myself waiting for the call Levi said he was going to give.

When my phone rings I anxiously answer it,"Hey I got him and we're at the shop. You have twenty minutes to get here."

I hum hanging up texting Sophia the address too so she knows where I am just in case. I head out going to my car that I've gotten more comfortable driving to the location. I didn't want this to happen in some abandoned building where no one would be instead going into the shopping district and into the floral shop.

I nod at the employee they specifically had working today going behind the counter and into the back room where I met Mia's dad, Levi and a few other guys,"I want the room to myself please."

"Even me?"

"Yes you get out.", he shrugs, leading the other men out of the room. I'm taken aback by the laughter coming from the man as I sit down wondering if he possibly could be a lunatic,"Decided not to tell my daughter you were meeting me today hmm? I can't believe she chose another weak woman."

"Weak?" Another sign escapes me as I place my evidence folder in front of him. The digging I had with Saura and a few old friends did make some... circumstances come to light before marrying Mia's mom. He hid them well to a point I thought I wouldn't have anything against him. But just like in movies, the bad guy never wins.

"Mr. Lexy, I have some alternatives for you to choose instead of bothering my family that apply as of now. If you do not choose, I will hand in my findings and you won't have a choice of what happens to you anymore."

"Enlighten me Alina. Do tell what my future entails."

"In 1972 it seemed you were having the time of your life attending many parties at the time",

"What could I say? I was popular back in the 70s", He somewhat has a superior smile upon his face but I continue trying my best not to let any anger out.

"Well I also know of course after some research you weren't poor back then. Actually the money was overflowing especially since you stole them from your wife's great grandad.", At this moment I wish I could take a picture of his pale face to send to Mia. I was a bit skeptical with this information as I only had bits and pieces but I guess I was right, "I had to do a lot of digging to even find that out. But the countless stealing isn't what got my attention but the fact you took from your own family. What kind of man does that even do?"

"This fortune was to be given to Mia and I know damn well you don't have anything to account for the billions you now owe her. So you either have approximately twenty four hours to cut off all contact and leave before I tell the authorities or... Yea there's no or. And as simple as it was saying that, you are free to go to Andrea.", He stumbles upon running out of the room and I look down at my watch checking the time.

"Ok guys thank you for your cooperation, have a good holiday and I have a reindeer I need to catch."