Chapter 32 - Stupid Work Thing

Alina pov

I sigh, coming onto the top floor, a small smile coming onto me as I see her. I almost wish i didn't have to leave her apartment this morning but i've been feeling more like my old self wanted to dress even more nicely than before," I forgot i need to attend this stupid work thing."

She stands up pulling on the collar of my shirt getting me closer for her to kiss me,"What stupid work thing would that be?"

I sigh again thinking about the event but the smile afterward couldn't wave off as I entered my office. It's been a week and a half since the whole Levi incident and she seemed to be doing ok truly based on our night time rendezvous,"A bunch of rich guys getting a wedgie trying to get some business award. The last time I didn't attend, it turned out I won, then got some slashback for not going in the news. And I really don't want to do anything that'll get me placed in the spotlight."

At this point she's sitting on my couch as I sit in my chair and I absolutely just love the view of her,"That seems like fun though."

"It's just going to be a bunch of waiting since they get the same old guy to slowly read out names. And also for people to find their seats.", She hums getting up and going to sit on my desk in front of me crossing her legs as she does so ,"Oh you do know you have to come with me right? The assistants of these people come and get awards too. I bet it's for who dealt with the most shit this year."

She fumbles with the belt fixated on her waist and I grab ahold of her hands making her look at me,"Do I have a say in not going?"

"No you don't. Plus it'll be fun having someone who's not a rich asshole to be around. You'll be like a buffer so I don't lose my temper when someone calls out that I'm a woman in a man's world. It might be those exact words but trust me someone is going to try and make me mad I can even bet on it. And I'll make sure no one unnecessarily bothers you."

"Not that I want to bring this up but do you think Levi will come?"

"His business is plummeting from what Saura told me so I'm not sure."

It was after lunch yesterday that I received an email about the damn thing. I was not entitled to feel happy about something that won't really do much for my career,"I'm gonna go to my tailor after work. Come with me?"

"Oh I remember you saying that a bit differently last night."

"You do?" We both grin into a sort of laziness just before I get up letting my hands pull up the fabric of her dress. She only opens her legs wider, making my heart thump like crazy.

I bite at her neck putting my index fingers on the lining of her panties to try and take them off until she comments,"You know the last time we did it here someone almost walked in."

I groan, falling back into my chair watching her get off my desk,"Miss Write, I think it would be suburban going to the tailor with you later on."

"How about lunch?"

"You're not getting out of eating, we'll do it after work."

"Oh, did you make something?"

"Yes and I don't want it to go to waste, unlike those meatballs you burned."

"Are you going to keep bringing that up?"

"Well it's certainly burned into my memory.", I throw a pen that she dodges after she picks up her laptop leaving my office.

"She is truly a breath of fresh air..."