Chapter 51 - A Date?

Mia pov

Walking back to my desk a day later I'm met with a beautiful bouquet of red tulips in the palms of a smiling woman. It was a wonderful display and I admire her effort of not coming while everyone was here. I was wondering why she didn't want to stay over at my place last night. I really wasn't mad at her and I already knew she'd ask Sophia. Plus Finn told me that she figured it out before he gave her some notes.

"What a nice surprise I have here," I put the files I was holding down on my desk before taking the flowers. I smile at the gesture having never received flowers genuinely unless it's for persuasion. Hands pull me down and I happily sit on her lap. I take the moment to really look at her unsure as to why I felt so lonely this morning.

I've never felt like a clingy person before since I was never good at letting my guard down. Even with who shall not be named it was purely a sex oriented relationship. At least one of us knows how to steer the relationship or I'd still be one faze trying to figure out what to say.

I finally get out of my mind noticing how her chest is bluntly obvious as she breathes. It's quite astonishing that I'm the one who will see these breasts later on, "I know very well that you were taught not to stare."

"You're doing the same thing. Though I also feel a little underdressed compared to you." I don't know how many v neck shirts she has but I'm not complaining at all. I gasp though looking past me for her legs but I'm met with pants, "Alina why i never!"

She looks confused at first until she leans over me to point her covered legs outward, "Oh stop it, I've worn pants before."

"I don't remember such a thing even in this weather but whatever floats your boat. What's the occasion though?"

She carefully helps me stand up and does so herself before motioning for the bouquet, "I just need them for this"

I raise a brow handing it to the woman as she brushes off some invisible dust before sighing. She moves the chair out of the way before taking a knee lifting the bouquet towards me. My heart was stuck in my throat and while this seems so real I'm unsure if she's playing or not, "Mia I would love it if you had dinner with me."

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes to try and calm my hammering heart. I swear she better not keep doing stuff like this or I might end up in the hospital one day. When I do open my eyes she's standing again and I didn't even realise her arms were around me now, "Oh my god Alina!"

She gently rubs the side of my arms kissing my temple which helped a little, "I know you're mad and I'm sorry about that but you have no idea how much you reassured me with that expression."

"What does that even mean? I thought- and you- just don't play like that! God my poor little heart has been through so much. And as if you didn't get it through that head with your christmas gift!," I swat her hands away feeling a bit embarrassed.

She spins me in my chair, lifting my head up to kiss me. She lets off biting her lip but I would not be trapped by the action, "So um pick you at eight?"

"You're picking me up? We could just go together."

"Well it's important tonight that... um it's just that it's a nice place?"

"Where are we going?," I could immediately see the nervousness form. I've also noticed the small things like how she'd rub between her thumb and ring finger when she is that way, "Are you playing another trick Alina?"

"No no honey, it's just something special to me and I thought it'd be nice to dress up."

"Do I look bad?"

"No you're as beautiful as ever."

She straightens her posture, spinning me back around to face her this time with a plea in her eyes, "Alright, fine. I'll wear the lovely dress I just bought."

"That would be perfect."

I hear several voices, maybe coming from the few meetings I had. I got off the hook though since I already finished my work for the day, "Now get out of here before Delores comes."

She blew me a kiss smiling and I could all but try not to laugh seeing Dalores come this way with a maddened expression. That wasn't the expression i laughed at instead it was the one she made after seeing who i was talking to. Now that's what I call a good ending to a work day.