Chapter 26 - The Key I Should Have Taken Away

Mia pov

All systems were alert. I was like a spider man jumping out of the bed and out of my room. I almost felt even sliding on the hardwood floor,"I thought you were going to be ready when I came. Why aren't you dressed?"

She was folding the blanket I forgot to put back last night and my mouth felt dry for some reason,"Where's Liam?"

"I thought this could be a mother daughter day instead."

"You didn't have a fight with her already, did you?"

"No, I just thought you'd tell me about this girl you're interested in."

My ears have always been sharp. It's one of the perks of sneaking around your childhood house just to avoid awkward conversations with people who didn't even want to talk to you. And I definitely know that I got it from her, especially when we both hear a thud. It came from the only other person in this apartment that's not in the main room.

"I like my boss"

"Did you hear that? And I like her too though she's a bit quiet for my liking."

"No mom, I like her."

She looks out onto my patio for a moment before looking at me again,"Well that explains yesterday then. I thought you were interested in her daughter but by the way you stuck so close together I made me think otherwise. So she's back there? It's too early to give in to Mia and we even had to deny Liam last night since we only just got together."

"Mom for Christ's sake I did not need to hear any of that."

"Well I'm glad you told me though. Actually she can come with us."

"...That'll be a bit awkward mom."

"It'll only be that way if you make it that way. And what better time to meet the parents early in the relationship."

I reluctantly go to my room, opening the door to see Alina with one of my yearbooks in hand. I know she heard that these walls are thin.

"I don't want to go"

"Either you go or we'll be sitting here listening to my mother tell you why you should go."

"I'm in the same clothes as yesterday Mia."

"We're the same size except you're just taller, maybe thinner and with more stuff in the breasts."

She lifts an eyebrow smirking at me as I take the book away from her,"Should I be worried about you staring at Mia?"

"Oh hush everything would've gone smoother if you hadn't dropped whatever that was."

"Oh don't play that Mia, you're the most honest person I know other than Sophia. I knew you were going to tell her even if I came out and acted as if nothing happened. Now do you have a spare toothbrush?"

-----

"It's a wonderful day out isn't it ladies?"

"It's freezing mom. And my feet are starting to hurt."

"Oh stop complaining."

"Actually I would like to know where we're going before I start to think this is a kidnapping session please."

"We're doing something tourists do since you have yet to see the good sights of Zurich."

"Oh we're not going to that forsaken zoo are we? She's not that new."

"I wouldn't ever dream of taking my misguided daughter there. Though she's an animal lover so she wouldn't be that uninterested. And speaking of relationships we might as well talk about yours."

"No one brought them up."

"And I know you two didn't think this through."

"Well Ms. Lexy I haven't had the time to properly go over things, but if we had more time which we will over the break we'll go over it.", I lean into her calling her a suck up quietly just as my mother turns around to face us.

"I'm glad I'll have one respectful daughter now. And we're here! This is the Landesmuseuma and I will be your tour guide."

"Can't I get someone else?"

"No, so shut up and follow me."