↠ C . 1

Trigger Warning: mentions of abuse in this chapter

Ray of golden flecks reflected past the glass windows and thin curtains, shining down on the light features of the concentrating girl

Ray of golden flecks reflected past the glass windows and thin curtains, shining down on the light features of the concentrating girl. Her tongue naturally pocked out as all her attention was placed down at her work.

"Park Aera!!! How many times do I need to call you? It's lunch, let's go!"

"Hmm... wait let me finish this" she softly muttered. Her friend was losing patience and dragged Aera to her feet. The two girls held arm in arm striding down the school corridor towards the busy canteen. A chuckle erupted between her soft lips as she studied her best friend's behaviour. Finding her irritation cute she ruffled her hair causing the female to reply with click of her tongue.

"It's pork cutlets today... Mmmh my favourite!!"

"Han Byeol you're drooling!" Aera pointed out. A disgusted expression crossed onto her relaxed features.

School food isn't amazing but the pork cutlets were definitely the signature of their meals. They both placed their trays on a vacant table and stuffed their mouths until they reached a satisfied appetite.

It was the last lesson of the day and the teacher passed out the test results for the recent midterms that've been completed.

"Aera~what rank?" her friends figure hovered over her shoulder, she shadow falling onto the piece of paper.

"Second. You?"

"Ugh!! .... Lend me some brain cells Bestie?" Byeol looked up at Aera as she moved to lean her chin on her desk. The small pout and puppy dog eyes begging the girl

She scoffed before shaking her head rejecting her offer

" I got 14th"

"That's not that bad. You got 15th last time... you improved" she tried to cheer her up but failed as a roll of an eye was spotted. "Byeol can you please look at the positive side of things and not always the negative. Baby steps help to reach your final goal"

"Ok fine whatev- what the hell !!" Byeol's eyes widened as something caught her eye distracting her previous attention. "Huh?.. What's wrong!"

"What happened to your arm?" she asked sternly grabbing Aera's arm harshly. The girl's eyes scanned the purple bruise imprinted on her skin. "This looks painful! Who did this to you?" Byeol's angelic features turned demonic. Her voice deep and monotone commanding an answer.

"N- no one! I got hurt. A few boxes fell on my arm that's all" the lie rolled of her tongue naturally but the same couldn't be said for her eyes. They avoiding eye contact wandering around all places not wanting to land on Byeol. Unfortunately, for Aera even though her lie may have been perfect, Byeol could always detect what's not true from a mile away.