↠ C . 2

Trigger Warning: mentions of abuse in this chapter

"Byeol~ I'm sorry. Really I tried, but my mum said I can't." Aera pouted 

A small sigh was heard "It's ok you can come over another time. But tell me this - why is there a plaster on your forehead. What did you do this time?"

"It's nothing"  the lie slipped past her lips. Unlucky for Aera once again it did not go unnoticed by the impatient girl. Before she could say a word Aera interrupted. "We don't talk about it"

"No you're goin-"

"Han Byeol if you stop your conversation right now I will begin my lesson." She instantly sat up straight and gave a fake innocent smile

"Hey Aera. Can I speak to you for a moment" A shadow covered her book stopping her from continuing her reading. The tall figure that approached her was uncontrollably blushing. The girl was slightly confused why he would speak to her after such a long time. 

Her eyes paid attention to the boy in front of her as she closed the novel away. "Yeah what's up Dae-hyun?" she tapped her fingers waiting for him to respond. There was a change in his aura, he slightly tensed up as he looked around at the other students in the classroom. "Um, can we speak outside?"

Without saying a word Aera stood up followed the boy's footsteps.  He took her to the large willow tree at the edge of the school grounds. ".. why are we here?" she was nervous, the tree was popular in the school as a lot of people confess under the weeping willow's vines. 

She glanced at the boy. He rubbed the nape of his neck avoiding eye contact. A hidden feeling of tension rose in the air.  Aera noticed the awkward atmosphere and gave him a reassuring smile. A deep exhale left his lips building up a bundle of courage. "Will you go out with me?"

Instantly the girl's eyebrows furrowed and her lips parted.  She stared at him genuinely shocked. She wasn't 100% expecting a confession . She had a hunch that he was going to confess after realising the area he brought her to. But predicting the words and hearing them really sends a different reaction. 

Watching her expression caused the boy to become even more nervous. He began to fiddle with his fingers. "I-uh-the thing is..." He shut his eyes tight and turned to look straight into her eyes. "I really like you. For a long time actually. Since, last year when you tutored me for maths" That on the other hand was something she was definitely expecting. The truth she didn't actually even realise that the boy liked her until he brought her here.  Taking a deep breathe she decided on how to respond. In a way that wouldn't hurt him hopefully. 

"Dae-hyun, I'm sorry but I'm not interested in dating anyone right now."  Initially she wanted to tell him that she only likes him as a friend. However, being friend-zoned does hurt a bit. Aera nibbled on her bottom lip praying that this approach would've worked.