↠ C . 15

The mansion was huge, even bigger than her house

The mansion was huge, even bigger than her house. I mean it's not only the head quarters of the gang but also there are many other people living with her. It was all new to her and she hoped to get used to it one day. 

She trailed behind Mark very closely so that she doesn't get lost. Struggling with his pace, her feet kept on jogging a little. As soon as she saw Taeyong, she left the boy and ran towards him.  All her attention left Mark and transferred to her brother that she didn't notice the numerous eyes that fell on the new member.

"That's a lot of food"

"Hmm?" her sudden presence caused the older boy to flinch. However, as soon as his eyes connected with hers he chuckled. "Yep it is but there are a lot of members that's why" Taeyeon was about to speak but stopped when she felt someone's hands cover her eyes.

"Guess who~" The girl froze at the unique voice speaking to her. She heard this person before but couldn't put her finger on who it is. 

"Umm I don't know," she mumbled quietly. The boy chuckled and twisted her around making her face him. The girl's eyes widened as her sight laid on the tanned boy in front of her. Her jaw dropped to see a familiar face smiling down towards her.

"What are you doing here?!" Haechan chuckled and dragged the girl towards the sofa where the other Dreamies were sitting. She stared at them in shock and confusion. Her feet didn't move, they were all looking at her, the attention she was attracting made her slightly nervous. 

"Y-You guys are part of NCT?" Haechan nodded as he gently pulled her down to sit next to him. She didn't know what to say. The teen boys Jungwoo was talking about were none other than popular kids from her school. "Did you guys know about me being Taeyongs sister?"

"We knew that Boss' sis goes to our school but we didn't know it was you. I kinda found out by myself though." Haechan chuckled with a smug smile across his lips as the other Dreamies looked at him in shock. "The others didn't know except for Jaemin who I kinda told" she nodded but faced down at her hands.

"Why did you tell Jaemin but not us?"

"I wasn't gonna tell any of you guys Jisung it just happened that's all" the youngest narrowed his eyes at the older boy. Jaemin wasn't even sitting on the sofa and she guessed that the boy she saw earlier must've been him. She wasn't that shocked by the fact that Jaemin was in a gang. He gave that kind of vibe. But the other Dreamies. It was hard to believe. Especially Haechan.

"Hey Taeyeon, is there something wrong?" Haechan asked with worry written on his features. She glanced at him and shook her head vigorously.

"It's just shocking that's all.... Hmm .... Haechan, I'm gonna go back to my room. It was nice meeting you guys" She faced the other before walked off. Haechan looked at the retreating girl with a sullen face.

Taeyeon was lying on her bed while reading a book when a knock interrupted her.

"Come in" Haechans head peered past the door and he gave her a smile. Taeyeon sat up on her bed as he climbed on facing her "What's up?" she placed on a plastic smile. His lips turners into a thin line. 

"Yeon - I can see through your smile. Is there something wrong?" Taeyeon glanced down at her fingers as she fidgeted with them. The boy tilted his head to see her face clearly. "You can tell me you know. We are friends after all" Hearing him say that made her lips etch upwards. A genuine one.

"Honestly, I just feel so frustrated. My heart feels all stuffy." Her forehead rested on her right palm. Her eyes slowly closed her eyes taking a deep breathe. 

" You already know.. My parents died and after they died Yong tells me that Dad was the Boss in a gang. Both those news' were shocking itself and then Yong says how we need to move here because he is now Boss. Trust me I have no problem staying here. Everyone is sweet. But then I find out that you guys are also part of the gang. I don't know the others except for you Haechan but it's still shocking. It's just too much to take in, in such a short amount of time. I feel like I've been lied to a lot. I can't think straight and I feel... I just .. I just feel really frustrated. I don't understand this feeling!" she left out the breathe she held in. Huffing all the tension that laid on her shoulders which now left more free. 

Haechan let out a heavy sigh and stared at the ceiling "It's hard for you. Especially because there's a lot of change happening around you so it's difficult for you to accept. Everyone has their own secrets and you probably have your own. It's not that your parents and Taeyong lied to you, they were hiding the truth to protect you." He tried to choose the correct words to not stress her even more.  "They care about you Taeyeon" 

She was taken aback by his considerate words. In her eyes she always saw him as a goofball who wasn't very good with his words to comfort his friends. She was wrong. She smiled at him lightly punched his arm.

"Thanks. I wasn't expecting you to speak so mature" Haechan scoffed at her and shook his head while chuckling deeply. "I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or insult" he mumbled while sulking slightly. The girl smiled and mouthed a thank you once again. 

He moved around to settle on the bed to his comfort. "Also, I know it's hard to believe that we are in a gang. But trust me I am still the same old Haechan you know. I am still handsome, sexy and funny like always so don't you forget" The boy said while placing an arm on her shoulder. Taeyeon laughed at him. 

Haechan smiled, seeing his friend more relaxed and back to herself. He stood up on his feet. "Come, your brother made dinner. We should go eat!" Taeyeon nodded and tidied her bed. "By the way, call me by my real name - Donghyuck. Only NCT call me by my real name and now you are one of the elites so you have the privilege to call me Donghyuck."

" I heard about that around school that your name if Donghyuck, but I thought it was a rumour." She stated towards him. "Why doesn't it suit me?" 

"I like Donghyuck more" she complimented him honestly. The boy choked on his spit and stared at her surprised. "T-thanks" he gulped. Taeyeon linked her arm with the boy and they walked down the corridor. A pair of eyes staring at both of them from afar. Confused by the close proximity of their friendship.

 Confused by the close proximity of their friendship