↠ C . 34

Invariant equatorial setting indicating that darkness was on its way ending the sun's light

Invariant equatorial setting indicating that darkness was on its way ending the sun's light. She wasn't too far from the mansion. Only 15 more minutes were left for her to walk.

Taeyeon was tired after such a stressful day so she took a different route instead of the usual scenic route that she is familiar with. She took a shortcut. The streetlights automatically switched on as it was getting dark. The trees loomed over the abandoned pathway. It was a long walkway with no buildings or many citizens around. Quiet and relaxing to walk to get things out of your mind and relax. There weren't any people around her and she was the only one walking down the concrete but she couldn't help but feel cautious. There were definitely silent footsteps falling behind her. Goosebumps formed and the baby hair along her neck stood up. The path was deepening and getting further away from the busy main roads. Her exocrine system was triggered, adrenaline was let free to roam past her veins. The footsteps became louder and she was sure that this person was getting closer. Taeyeon was thinking that maybe she was exaggerating. Maybe they were just taking the same path as her but the fact that the area she is at the moment was deserted didn't help. She was having abnormal thoughts.

Her hand reached into her blazer pocket and she switched on her phone. It took a minute to turn on as she shut it down because donghyuck was constantly calling her. Guilt took over her heart after seeing all the messages and the number of times he called her but Taeyeon was more worried about the situation she is in at the moment. She switched on her camera and put it on selfie mode, slowly stretching her arm out and tilting it to the side to view behind her.

A man .... Quite tall, maybe 5'11 or so was trailing behind her. Top to bottom covered in black and he had a mask on. Taeyeon took a picture of herself with him behind her and sent it to Donghyuck immediately. She was about to text him however her phone shut down at the most needed moment.

Hopefully he can recognise the location.

She was only 10 minutes away now and her heart began to pound fast. His footsteps were becoming louder and louder as time went by. Taeyeon began to stride longer and faster. There was a turn to the left and she knew she was getting close. She didn't want to turn around otherwise he would know that she knows of his presence.

As soon as Taeyeon reached the corner she turned left and ran.

The streetlights were becoming vivid as the reflecting sunlight disappeared from flooding our world. She could hear the nocturnal life coming out. She regretted it... so bad. She should've gone home with the others. She should've not taken the short cut. But she was a coward, running away from them hoping that her past won't haunt her. But it put her in this horrible position.

It was becoming completely dark now, her lungs tightened and her chest beat hard as she proceeded to escape the danger. Her breaths quickened and her legs were giving in, weak and fragile.

She became vulnerable as her lungs couldn't carry out the designated job. She wanted to turn to see if he was chasing her but she knew that it would just make it harder for her to stay strong. The weight on her back didn't help, she wanted to discard her bag away so she could move faster. But she had to find a place.