↠ C . 38

"You wanted to see me bro" she skipped into his room all smiley

"Aera nice to see you again" a jolly voice spoke out. She turned around shocked by who she saw

"Y-you... what a-are you d-doing h-here?" she breathed out feeling nauseous yet slightly delighted by the figure that stood leaning on the wall.

How did he find me?

"Look at you all grown up now" he cheerfully smiled. Taeyeon wasn't sure if it was genuine or a fake one.

"Yeon, I brought him here because I thought it's time to tell you the truth" Taeyong spoke out from his seat behind his desk. Taeyeon glanced at her brother. Her fingers were trembling, not sure what was about to happen. She sat down on the chair, legs bouncing up and down. Her finger fiddled around in habit and she began pulling at the edge of her thumb ripping and disrupting the skin through anxiousness.

"Johnny. The detective who was in charge of your case. Do you remember him?" Taeyong asked his sister who looked up at the detective beside her and she slowly nodded. "Don't worry Taeyeon, he is on our side. He works for us" the girl's eyes opened wide and she snapped her head to Johnny who was smiling at the girl ear to ear.

"I work with the police to help keep our gang hidden and safe as well as covering up the crimes we cause. I know quite a lot of secrets about our corrupt government" he said with a wink.

He is part of NCT?

A rush of relief filled the girl.

"There is quite a lot I want to tell you and it will be shocking. I want to clear it up so you understand the situation you're in at the moment. Is that ok with you?" Taeyeon nodded hesitantly without saying a word. Panicking by what he has to say.

"Aera - I mean Taeyeon.... I went to the orphanage to visit you but then found out that you ran away from school. I thought you died. Truth is, before your incident with your mother, NCT were already watching those human traffickers because they were on our Black list. We tracked down all their customers so we can save them.

None of the detectives or police knew much information about them apart from me and NCT. I couldn't give the information to prove your innocence because we didn't have evidence if what you reported back then about your mum selling you is true or not. I couldn't show them the list either that shows that your mum was going to sell you because that would expose me as being part of a gang.

I was going to watch over you so that I can prove your innocence that you didn't kill your mother and also find a suitable way to make the police investigate more human traffickers. I just didn't know how to though.

However, your mother woke up Taeyeon. She was in a coma but woke up and shockingly she told us that you actually didn't stab her and she accidentally stabbed herself. She spoke nothing about the human traffickers but only about you not killing her"