↠ C . 31

Midterm exams were in a few months

Midterm exams were in a few months. Always trying to stay on top of her work schedule, Taeyeon began revision beforehand. 

With all the changes that occurred in her life so far including meeting NCT, moving house and more she became overstressed. Adapting was difficult however she made it. Unfortunately due to everything that happened the girl wasn't able to study as much. Therefore she began working intensely to catch up. Now she is ahead. 

It was 3 pm at the moment. She started studying at 10 am and has worked non-stop. Head aching and arms killing from the constant writing. She pushed her chair away and stretched her numb limbs.

"Ugh... that's enough for today! " she yawned out while walking towards her bedroom door to grab some snacks. She hasn't eaten lunch yet. Taeyeon twisted her doorknob to reveal a tall figure lurking in front of her bedroom door. She flinched back, not expecting the visitor.

His arm was raised up, it looked like he was about to knock on her door but Taeyeon opened it before he could. He looked down at the smaller girl with his arm still in mid air. Eyes wide and mouth ajar, a shy smile formed across his lips. Probably embarrassed.

"Umm... can I help you?" she asked quietly. 

"Uhh.. yeah - I mean no- I mean.. uh" he placed his hand in his pocket and sighed "Yuta, mark, and I are going out to have a meal. We're then going to play basketball. I just wanted to ask if you would like to join?" he said facing down while rubbing his neck "and my girlfriend is coming as well as Yuta's. They have been pestering us that they want to meet you. So... you wanna join?"

Taeyeon couldn't help but laugh at his awkwardness. "Yeah I would love to meet them! Give me 5 minutes and I will be down" she said calmly. The boy nodded and she closed the door.

After the door shut she let out a breather. If she had to be honest she was excited to meet the girls but she didn't want to show it "I should wear something nice for a good first impression" she muttered and ran to her wardrobe.

15 minutes went by and she was still in her room getting ready. It took 5 minutes to choose her outfit. She didn't want to go extravagant so she dressed simple but classy. She was putting on light makeup when her doorknob slammed open. "You said 5 minutes, it's been ages ?" Jaehyun huffed out air. 

"Yeah but I want to look good" Jaehyun smiled and walked up towards her.

"Your just like her taking forever" he stated making taeyeon raised her eyebrows questioning but then caught on that he was probably talking about his girl. "Ok I'm ready now" they both walked down to the parking area and hopped into the car.

"You look good today Taeyeon" she thanked Yuta who began to start driving. She turned and had eye contact with mark who smiled at her softly and carried on staring out the window.

They all had small talk and vibes to some music until they reached the center of the city. The boys led her to an aesthetic cafe. As soon as they entered in the employee greeted them informally. Are they regulars?