↠ C . 66

"Where is she?!" Jaemin ran along with Donghyuck into the room filled with all his members except for Yuta

"Yuta is treating her right now"

"Is she ok?" Jaemin asked, walking closer to his Boss. Taeyong faced the floor avoiding eye contact. "We don't know yet"

"What happened?" Donghyuck asked renjun. "I found a jeep at our gate. When I got closer I saw Yeon passed out in the driver's seat!"

Jaemin gritted his teeth walking around the room impatiently. "She will be fine Jaemin-ah. Yuta will make sure that nothing will happen to her" mark encouraged while eating his watermelon.

"Shut up!" he shot back at the older boy who gulped a large bit of his watermelon. Before anyone else could speak Yuta pushed the door and walked in. instantly everyone quiented and glanced at him with hope

Before jaemin could ask him anything taeyong pushed the younger boy away grabbing onto yuta's hands. "Is she ok?"

"Don't worry she isn't endangered and nothing happened to her."

A small smile was on his lips making the other members relax their tense features. "But I realised that her breathing has become weaker. So I placed a ventilator so she could breathe better. Her asthma may have gotten worse. I don't know the cause though" he rubbed his chin while glancing at the floor

"As long as she is alive it's fine we can look after her. Is she awake?" Yuta shook his head. "May take a few days"

A few days, he said. It's been a week and the girl is yet to wake up. Jaemin wouldn't leave her side at all. He even kicked taeyong out so he could be with the girl all alone. Taeyong was having enough

"Jaemin get out, she was my sister before your girlfriend." Jaemin looked at the older boy, a sad expression across his face. The older one rolled his eyes. He has never seen the boy so soft.. "No, get out!" Taeyong commanded. Jaemin didn't budge so Taeyong forcefully pulled him out of the room.

Peace and quiet. He looked down at his sister. "I'm sorry Yeon. I said I will always protect you. But I failed. I'm doing such a bad job as your older brother. Please forgive me. Wake up I won't make the same mistake again ... so please.... Wake up"

As if his prayers were heard, he felt a twitch of her finger moving against his palm. Instantly her brother opened his eyes and stared at the girl. Her eyes furrowed and facial features squinting. A gasp left the boys lips and he ran out calling for Yuta

Yuta came out meeting the rest of the members. "She needs rest so don't bother her too much." he inquired. "Did she mention what happened?" yuta turned to jaehyun and nodded

After letting out a sigh he glanced at Taeyong. "She was kidnapped by those men. But she escaped and also.... Killed them" Taeyong couldn't process the words. How is that possible?

An airy chuckle left his lips not believing Yuta's words. "She would never. I mean yeah she isn't the innocent and weak girl as she was before but yeon could never kill a person" his words came out more like a question than a fact.

"She said it herself." yuta quiety spoke out. There was an eerie silence in the room. No one said a word but then Jaemin couldn't stand still any longer. He charged at the room and ran in before any of the other members could stop him. Their calls rang in his ear but he blocked them out. He knows that yuta told him that she needs rest but he had to see the girl. Shutting the door he stepped closer to her lying body.

Upon seeing the body Taeyeon slowly sat up. Jaemin ran beside her, aiding her to sit. "J-jaemin" her voice was soft and quiet. Her hand raised and settled on his cheek.

Tears fell on her cheeks. She sniffed as her eyes trailed across his face. Jaemin smiled at her, wiping her tears away. He gently leaned forward hugging the girl. He tried to be careful, she still had the ventilator attached to her face and she looked extremely weak.

Taeyong barged in minutes later to find the couple sleeping on the bed cuddled into each other's warmth. A groan left his lips before he made his way towards jaemin. He slapped the boy's arm, waking him up. Jaemin instantly opened his eyes with irritation.

"Come out now yuta said she needs to rest..ALONE. Leave her be for now" unwillingly he stood up and left the sleeping girl after placing a soft kiss on her temple.

Both boys walked outside, settling down on the grass in the garden. The sky was bright blue, sun shining down on them. "She told Yuta that she used a gas grenade. That's what caused her asthma to get worse. Her lungs have become more fragile than before." Jaemin looked at his boss. His heart felt tightened.

"And yuta said that when she was telling him about how she killed them apparently she wasn't herself. He said that her voice was shaking and she was crying uncontrollably. She also was hyperventilating. She formed a trauma from everything that happened." Jaemin stayed quiet listening intently.

"Jaemin-ah I want to ask you a favour" taeyong stared straight into the younger boy's eyes. His features hardening seriousness laced his words. "After becoming the boss of NCT, I realised I haven't been the brother I used to always be for her. With all this responsibility I can't spend time with her like I used to. I'm so busy I've done such a bad job as an older brother in protecting her."

"Jaemin, please be there for her. Protect her. Make sure she never goes through pain and stays happy. I don't want her suffering with her trauma." taeyong held onto jaemin's hands.

"I will Hyung don't worry"