↠ C . 55

RED

RED

Oozed far on the surface of the cold flooring.

RED

Uncontrollably took over her naked palms

RED

Memories resurfaced her mind sending her back into her past horror....

Taeyeon fixed her gaze towards Byeol's body infront of her. But instead she saw her mother's frail body - dead

Eyes still open, mouth open ajar, the weapon dug deep into her fresh skin. Taeyeon's breath wavered rhythmically. She took deep breaths hyperventilating, the bathroom walls morphed into her old house. The glass painting shattered just like back them hovering above a still figure - Aera

Her mind was playing with her. Taeyeon stared at the scene which always haunted her. Aera staring intently into her mothers body covered in blood

Liquid tears travelled slowly mixing with the tinted flooring

Taeyeon's eyes feasted on the memory that replayed like a loop, coming back to her like an untreated invisible scar. Not wanting it to be healed but it ripped deeper into her heart causing lifelong pain and suffering.

Hands trembling, she see's Aera standing up on her feet running away from the scene towards the telephone. Eyes automatically left her old self back to the corpse laying a few feet in front of her.

Her mothers eyelids wide open. Her eyes staring into space beside Taeyeon. Taeyeon's body began to shiver, tears pricked her eyes falling down her rosy cheeks carrying all the weight of her aching heart. Quiet sobs were left out, her breaths became shallower and resentment grew on her chest against the torment she is seeing right now.

Taeyeon didn't look away from her mothers corpse in fear that if she does something bad will consume her. However, she saw it, her mother's eyes painfully slow moving. Her pupils twisted towards Taeyeon's body which was crouched in the corner of the room. Taeyeon's heart raced and her fingers vigorously shaken.

I'm just hallucinating, it's not real... it's not real. It's just my memory

She repeatedly said to herself. A creep's smile etched upwards across her mother's lips, eyes shot wide as saucers. Her body didn't move but her eyes did. They laid on Taeyeon

"You're living well. "

It wasn't her mothers voice. But then it was. Taeyeon thought she was hearing things. Her mothers voice was speaking to her but a high pitched menacing voice spoke along with her. Someone or something psychotic.

Arms and legs became numb. She couldn't stand or run, her body shook, teeth chattered in fear. Her mother let out a psychotic laugh plastering a predatory grin. She was seeing things.

Snap out of it Taeyeon!

She couldn't. She knew that everything in front of her is just a memory haunting her but it felt, sounded so real. Her mothers eyes turned black... pitch black, her dark pupil emerging into her whole eye

"I died! It was your fault. You killed me, your mother"

That voice again sounded eerie. Scraping against her eardrums like chalk on a chalkboard.

It's not real! Snap out of it!"

Taeyeon curled into a ball, squeezing her eyes shut. Ripping her hair out. She didn't want to lay a single glance on the monster evocating ahead of her

"You killed me!!"

"You're a monster!"

"You deserve to die!"

Stop it! Snap out of it!

Unwanted whispers cursed at her ear.

T-taeyeon!

Stop it!

TAEYEON!!

The girl unwillingly opened her eyes to face what was in front of her. As if it was all a nightmare, the walls of the bathroom were back to normal. No shattered glass, no possessed cackles. She was back.. Back to her reality

"T-taeyeon!"

The girl glanced back to where her mother was positioned a second ago to be replaced with Byeol's suffering bleeding body. Her blood stretched far on the white marble flooring. Tainting it as hers.

Uncountable stab wounds along her tanned skin, fresh cuts and scratches across her face. A horrible sight laid in front of Taeyeon.

"T- taeyeon - ah" a cry was let out by the vulnerable girl. With all remaining strength she had reached her hand out to her best friend. Nothing was going through Taeyeon's mind. She couldn't think straight, her chest felt suffocating with agony seeing Byeol in such a state.

Gently she placed her palm into Byeols, lifting her fragile body onto her lap.

Beads of pain slipped down Byeol's eyes. Her cries were quiet but held so much hurt. The torment she must've been through struggling to survive and fight off the man. Gasps of life leaving her lips so effortlessly. Taeyeon couldn't do anything but watch

"I-it's ok. D-dasom is getting t-the b-b-boys. You will b-be f-fine!!" small whimpers left taeyeon's lips as she held Byeol in her arms.

She took a deep inhale and gulped down all the sorrow. "We will save you. You will live," Taeyeon spoke out.

She had to stay strong for Byeol to calm her down. Taeyeon's eyes filled with determination in saving her friend but Byeol could still hear the lace of despair in Taeyeon's voice. No matter how assertive her voice came out. Byeol could still point out the sadness in her voice.

Not ignoring the shaking hands they held her. Taeyeon was placing on a confident act but Byeol knew that Taeyeon was also bawling her heart out inside.

Even though Taeyeon wanted to save her, Byeol knew that there wouldn't be a chance. The damage has been done. Her internal organs were slowly bleeding out, retiring. Her chest was burning, her pulse dropping off.

It was her time