↠ C . 12

Normally whenever she returns home she instantly tells Taeyong

Normally whenever she returns home she instantly tells Taeyong. This time all the boy could hear were the heavy doors opening. She didn't call out to indicate her presence, the boy made a thin line with his lips watching her every move. 

As soon as she slipped into her slippers her feet automatically were making way up the stairs. She was in her own zone that she didn't even spot Taeyong standing at the kitchen door.

"You're here.. Why are you so late?" by the sudden sound of his voice the girl flinched. When she turned around her brother was standing there with a stern expression. "Dasom and I went out"

"Hmm ok ..hey come here and taste this. I made dinner" Taeyeon ran towards him and opened her mouth as he spoon fed her his dish.

The indulging species and seasoning took over her taste buds causing the girl to gasp. "Damn bro this is delicious. Gorden Ramsey who?" She gave him a thumbs up and a chiefs kiss, making Taeyong laugh and ruffle her hair.

He turned away and switched the stove to a low flame. Her footsteps closed towards him, he was cleaning the table when a hand approached him by his peripheral view. She stood beside the boy helping him clean. 

 "Yong, can I speak to you?" Her serious tone of voice caught Taeyong off guard. Taeyeon pursed her lips and her eyes didn't avail from his orbs. He knew something was up and it must be something important. Nodding his head he took hold of her wrist directing her towards their couch

"What's wrong?" she couldn't look straight into his eyes. Her brown orbs laid on her fidgeting fingers avoiding him. Adrenaline coursed through her veins in fear and anxiety. She picked the edge on her nail and winced slightly as blood began to ooze out. Taeyong clicked his tongue and held her hand to stop her from further injuring herself.

"It's ok Yeon you can tell me anything!"

Her heart felt compressed wanted to let it all out after all these years. She shut her eyes forcing herself to speak out.  "It's about my real family." she blurted out. There was a moment of silence, both didn't say a word. The boy waiting for her to finish. Slowly opening her eyes she glanced at the older boy who placed no expression. Taking a deep breathe she continued. 

"My biological father died when I was young. I asked him to take me to a firework display. He suffered from coronary heart disease. The sudden explosions were unbearable for him and he died from a heart attack. My real mother always blamed me for his death and treated me like shit. Abused me and enslaved me. She tortured me." 

"After he died, she had trouble raising me up as a single mother so she took loans but illegally. We became in debt. She was planning on selling me probably to pay all the debt...I refused and we both fought. 

I wasn't going to hurt her, it wasn't my intention. I just wanted to run away but she pulled the knife. It slipped. I didn't stab her really Yong,  I didn't but she also hit her head and fell unconscious. She was taken to the hospital. I didn't kill her but to this day I don't know what happened to her. No one believed me even my best friend. You believe me right, Yong?"

Taeyeon looked up at her brother who had an emotionless expression on his face. The same expression reflects the one Byeol gave her in the past.

Betrayal

Taeyeon was about to stand up but was stopped as warmth surrounded her. Taeyong was hugging her. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.  "I already knew about your past. Mum and Dad did as well. Not in detail but just briefly."

"W-what .. how?"

"When I rescued you we tried to find out what city you were from and how we can help you return back. We were able to find out which city you were from due to your uniform. But then we saw the news. News saying how a girl named Park Aera is a prime suspect of the death of Park A-yeong. We knew that it was you straight away because of the name tag on your blazer."

"So you already knew my real name?" she asked genuinely shocked. The boy nodded and stroked her hair. "If you knew who I was why did you take me in?"

"There is something I always wanted to tell you. Dad doesn't run a shareholder business like you thought. He actually runs a gang"

"W-what?" a gang? Her eyes naturally widened in shock and she pulled a little away from him. "I'm sorry Yeon. We didn't tell you but it's true. Our family is part of a gang. You have heard of it. The number one gang in Neo City-NCT."  She didn't know what to feel. It was too much to take in and shocking for her to hear.

 "While you were unconscious we did a background check on you. We didn't confirm if you did murder her or not but I know you didn't sis. I watched you grow up all these years and I know what kind of person you are. You won't even kill a bug"

Taeyeon didn't say a word and stared at him which made the boy worry a little "Are you upset that we are part of a gang?" She faced him to see a frown on his face.  "No not at all. It's just hard to take in that's all. Y-you kill p-people?" she stuttered seeing something anew from the older boy she has always known. He was so gentle and loving she could never have expected this from him. 

"Only the bad people Yeon. We don't hurt the innocent" internally he was pleading that she would accept. "Do you hate me?" he mumbled, a slightly lace of worry tangled his words. Her eyes relaxed and became more gentle. 

"I can never hate you" Taeyong's lips etched upwards and he hugged the girl. "Why would you even think that?"

"Truth is mum never knew that we were part of a gang. She found out around the time you came along. She hated violence but taking you in actually convinced her to not leave us. She felt like the family she always wanted formed especially because you were the same age as my real sister. Dad and I had to promise her to not get you involved in the gang business so we never told you. But now dad isn't here, it's my duty to take over his place.... Taeyeon..... I don't think we can live here anymore. I need to move into the headquarters of my gang because that's where I belong now. But I can't leave you. Will you come with me?"

Taeyeon pulled apart from the hug and stared at her brothers pleading eyes. She wanted to refuse. She didn't want to be involved in anything dangerous. "Will it be safe?"

"Oh course, I'm here for you. I will protect you like I always have" she gave a small smile and agreed. It wasn't a real. Deep down she didn't want her brother involved in something so dangerous. She didn't want him to get hurt or see another she cared for to die.

 She didn't want him to get hurt or see another she cared for to die