↠ C . 64

Before she could her foot hit something on the floor

A box of grenades.

Her eyes lit up finding the familiar items

"Hey Jungwoo" the guy flinched, a small squeaky scream leaving his lips. He turned around to see the younger girl looking at him with widened eyes.

He cleared his thoughts and sat up straight. "O-oh Hi Yeon. what brings you here?" He asked, pretending that he did not just scream like a girl. Taeyeon pursed her lips

"I want you to teach me how to use a gun," she demanded. Jungwoo's eyes widened in shock. "Umm did Boss agree?"

"I don't want Yong to know" she mumbled but audible enough for him. Jungwoo knitted his eyebrows against the fact that she wants to go behind his back. "I can't Yeon. He will get really mad"

"Please. I want to know how to look after myself if anything happens to me."

"Well why would you want to learn if you're not going to be carrying one?" That was a valid point. Her lips fell agape not knowing how to respond. "Yeon I know that after what happened to Byeol you definitely have become stronger....mentally" he patted her head.

"Nothing will happen to you. We will keep you safe" he was right. After Byeol's death, it affected Taeyeon's personality that she hasn't even realised. She isn't the frail girl she was like before, she's more tough and is able to withstand troubling situations more.

But she still wanted to become even stronger. The girl glanced upwards from the floor to see Jungwoo busily working on some weapons. "What are you doing?" she curiously asked.

Jungwoo hummed and looked at her. "Oh I'm making a grenade" he turned back around and carried on fixing parts. He was so into his work that he hasn't realised that the girl hasn't left.

After 5 minutes the boy leaned back on his chair, shutting his eyes. "All done" he smiled to himself

"So how does this work?" hearing her voice he jumped back up. "You're still here?" his voice raised, a high pitched squeak leaving his lips. His eyes laid on the item the girl was holding.

"Yeon put them down. It's dangerous" he warned. She had a grenade in each palm. Her eyes scanned each of them. They looked different. "What do each of them do?" she looked back at him to see Jungwoo slightly nervous and scared

"Put it down!" he commanded

"No, not until you tell me!" a sigh left his lips knowing that she would stand her ground. "The one on the left is a gas grenade. Pull the safety pin and let go, that's it, toxic gas would leak out. It will enter into your airway and suffocate you. Burning your lungs, you would die"

"This pin here-"

"NO DON'T PULL IT!!" he screamed, anxiety coursing through his veins. Taeyeon clicked her tongue. "Don't worry I won't" she rolled her eyes. "What about this one?" she raised her right hand

"That's not a grenade. It's a TNT timer bomb. You set down a timer that counts down and it will explode. It's quite ruthless as it can blow up a large building into smithereens. Big as our mansion so I really really advise you to put that down.... Like right now" jungwoo said slowly moving closer to the girl to grab onto the dangerous items.

A faint smile formed across her lips as she set the countdown for the bomb like Jungwoo once told her. 20 minutes. She had only 20 minutes to leave before she was blown up along with the kidnappers.

Sweat trickled around her body in fear. She rushed back into the air vents, placing the gas grenade into her pocket.

Back in the air vents and she began to crawl like her life depended on it. She crawled until she was faced with two paths. Left and right. Worried and confused which way to turn she made a decision to go right as there was a breeze coming towards her in that direction.

Her limbs hurt more than before. But her heart was beating fast, ordering her to ignore the pain and carry on. 5 minutes or so went by and she reached a dead end. There was a fan. Luckily it wasn't actually spinning because the air vents didn't work.

Using her pale hands she pulled at it but it didn't budge. She could see that behind the fan was a grassy plane. It was to the outside world. She had to get out.

Her mind was overflowing with thought

How am I supposed to break this?

It's already half broken as it's old.

Suddenly, her pupils brightened up. Immediately she pulled out the dagger and used the pointy end to pick at the nails which held the fan in place. Time ticked fast but her sweaty hands worked at their best extent.

Not knowing how much time went but she carried on. Only one nail was left to pick out. She trembled in fear. A minute passed and the fan fell down. A relieved sigh was let out. She couldn't help but smile from ear to ear feeling a shoot of relief in her heart. Feeling over the moon.

She loved it. The breeze and natural sunlight she missed was shining down on her. She felt free like a bird escaping its cage.

The girl didn't waste any more time and ran out of there. Her feet didn't stop. She ran and ran. Her lungs burned from the cold air entering in. Her breathing became unstable, her knees trembling as she was losing strength. She didn't give up heading to her safe destination.

A distant sound of a car reached her eardrum. Her eyes sparkled when they met a concrete road. Hope that she can get home. She was smiling waiting for any nice driver to pass by giving her a ride.

The area was deserted and she didn't know where she was. Nothing but trees of the woodlands surrounded the road. Only a few cars passed by but not a single kind enough to stop for her. Her long awaited time came to an end when a jeep gave a signal to the curb stopping. Taeyeon ran towards the jeep to thank them for stopping for her, however her smile faltered as her eyes connected to someone she never wanted to see.

His scar is much clearer in the natural daylight.