↠ C . 33

Ever since Taeyeon exposed herself saying that she is Aera, Byeol has been taking any chances to speak to her

Ever since Taeyeon exposed herself saying that she is Aera, Byeol has been taking any chances to speak to her. Not giving up, wanting to get close to her like they used to be. It's not that Taeyeon hates her, whenever she looks at Byeol she keeps on getting haunted by the voices of students from that day.

Along with how Byeol just watched her get bullied. She has been trying to see the good in Byeol but all the unwanted thoughts just overlap.

The girl constantly just pops out of nowhere whenever Taeyeon is alone attempting to speak. She hasn't been sitting with her at lunch anymore. As much as Taeyeon wanted to ask why she didn't want to get close with her because her nightmares may begin again.

Everyone was outside for their P.E lesson. Taeyeon on the other hand was washing her hands in the bathroom. She told the teacher beforehand so she was taking her time sorting her hair out before she leaves. As she was about to make a move, the cubicle door from behind opened revealing Byeol. Byeol's eyes widened in surprise to see Taeyeon. After her eyes fell on the girl she walked up washing her hands as well.

" Are you leaving now to go to the grounds? Let's walk together" She smiled friendly but only received an emotionless expression in return through the mirror.

Letting a heavy sigh she readied herself before talking. "Look Byeol... Can you stop acting like we are friends? We aren't the same as before. I have changed. I'm not the same girl from back then and I don't want to associate with anything from my past. Stop acting like you care!" Taeyeon lashed out. She tried to speak in a calm and collective manner but all the pent up emotions did not help.

Byeol's eyes shook, Taeyeon could see the fear in her eyes. She was petrified. Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows in confusion if it was an act yet again or real. "Look, I'm not trying to be rude. But every single time I see you, I feel suffocated, all the memories and the things you all did to me keep on coming back."

"What do you mean Aera? All the things we did to you? What did I do to you? And why are saying that I should stop acting like I care? I do care about you !!" she didn't want to hold back either and had enough she shouted back.

"No you don't! I needed you back then. I lost everything. My mother, friends, reputation. Everyone in school was calling me names. Monster, murderer. They said that I should rot in prison and said I killed my own mother. I would never and you know that! You knew about everything I went through back then when my mum abused me and you were the only one I had left. The looks they gave me, pitying me and the hatred in their eyes.... I also saw it in you. The hatred !! You looked at me just like they did! I trusted you! You were my best friend Byeol and I needed you. You were the only one I had but you abandoned me.. Betrayed me!" She didn't know how to respond to that. It was as if she never expected any of those words from her because that's not how she remembered it.

They both stared at each other and suddenly tears fell from Taeyeon's eyes. "For goodness sake!" She wiped them away slowly.

Byeol couldn't say a word, she faced down to the floor... guilty taking over. Truth be told, she didn't know that's how Taeyeon felt at that time. Tears pricked her eyes as well. Taeyeon scoffed. She shook her head and walked out the toilet door not wanting to be there any longer.