↠ C . 11

"Nothing to worry about

"Nothing to worry about. The news must've been a shock for her so she had a panic attack. Nothing too dangerous but what she needs right now a well good rest. I also advice you to try and keep her happy so that she doesn't go into a state of depression. "

Taeyong's eye never left the bare white wall in front of him. Somehow it represented the feelings within him at that exact moment -  Empty. The doctor pursed his lips and glanced at Taeyong checking if any of his words were taken in by the boy. He let out a heavy sigh and nodded his head thanking the doctor before he left. 

She was his only family now and he didn't want to lose her. Even though the two have technically only known each other for 4 years, they both immediately bonding. As if they've always been siblings and known each other for their whole life. So for Taeyong, the girl never felt like she was adopted by his family, instead it was more like she was always his sister from the very beginning. He never saw her differently and for that reason she was his only family left. 

Cautiously, he stepped into her room. The curtains were pulled in, changing her bright aesthetic room dull and gloomy. Her dark shadow spread across the soft carpet. Her body limply bending down buried in a ball at the edge of her room. Wet tissues spread across the floor stained with her sorrowful emotions.

Taeyong carefully stepped towards her, slipped down beside her. He didn't say a word and gently patted her back reassuring that he is there for her.

The silence extended around their house. The only noise was her quiet sobs. Hearing her cries made him want to reciprocate the action, his heart was tearing apart. But how can he, he needs to stay strong for her, as a older brother. 

"You're not alone, Yeon. You still have me. I'm here for you and I always will be"

Taeyeon lifted her head and tilted it towards her brother. Seeing him made her burst into more tears and she tackled him into a warm hug. Taeyong responded by wrapping his arms around her small body swaying side to side while patting her back gently. His white shirt tainting with her salty tears. 

"I miss them" all he could do is hum in agreement

"I miss them as well"

"Yeon~!!! Girl, where have you been for the past few days. It was so boring without you and I was so alone and- OMG you look terrible. Your skin is so pale and your eyebags"

Dasom scanned the girl's face in horror. Like she has just come back from a zombie apocalypse.  Taeyeon bit her bottom lip suppressing her hidden emotions. She tried to place on a straight face. Unfortunately her sad expression didn't go undetected by Dasom.

"Hey I'm sorry I was being insensitive. But seriously I'm actually worried. Why do you look like that? Are you ill?" Taeyeon shook her head and walked towards Dasom wrapping her arms around her. She placed her chin on her shoulder and stood still. No words were spoken but just occasional sighs. Confused but Dasom still rubbed circles on her back reassuringly.