↠ C . 57

"Give it to me"  the young girl was trashed towards the dustbin hidden deep into the alley

"Give it to me" the young girl was trashed towards the dustbin hidden deep into the alley. No pedestrians walked around the area. No one could help her.

"No" her heart was pounding slightly in fear however she hid it by placing on a fierce expression. But all her efforts went down the drain when a scream of agony left her once sealed lips. They weren't going easy on her.

Harsh pain stung her right cheek throwing her face to the other direction. No instant remorse flowed in the blood of the culprit. She just let out a laugh high fiving her friends. Byeol placed her small hand over the painful impact that landed on her cheek.

"Now... I'm asking you again, little girl. Give me your money!" not giving in Byeol shook her head. A sharp striking glare shooting at the older girl who stood in front of her. Byeol was hard headed. If she let them see her weak they would show pity, there won't be anything rue coursing through her veins. Her hands clasped to the dirt on the floor controlling her anger.

"I said no once so what makes you think I will do it now" she wanted to sound threatening

But her voice failed her. Still young and going through puberty, it came out more like a high squeak making the bullies giggle at her attempt to scare them away.

The laughter dissipated and replaced with vengeful attributes flowing through the atmosphere. "Give me your fucking money!" The leader stepped forward raising her arm. Her voice striking out deep and hoarse causing a spark of terror riding the girls eyes.

Byeol shut her eyes tightly waiting for the impact but it never came. She slowly opened to clear her vision after hearing a scream closeby. The two older girls are being trapped inhold by a pair of police. "What do you think you are doing? Bullying is wrong. Especially kids younger than you" one of the police spoke out.

"Let go! Do you know who I am?!" the highschooler shouted "Nope and I don't care. Why don't you tell me when we go to your school for a complaint" scenes of lamentation present in front of Byeol's eyes.

"Are you ok?" one of the police officers walked towards Byeol leaning down beside her. "Yeah I am. Thank you" she spoke out, her voice monotone. Her emotions inside were juxtaposing her expressions.

"That's good to hear. You should be grateful for your friend who reported to us" she gave a small smile to Byeol. "Here is my number. If they do anything again, report to me ok. You should go to school now before it's late. Your friend is standing at the corner of this alley over there" the police officer pointed in the direction.

A small figure peeping past the brick wall. As soon as their eyes connected, the figure jumped in place and hid further away from Byeol's sight.

Byeol glanced at the police who stood up and made their way out the alleyway. As soon as they were out of her sight, Byeol stood up and limped her way out the alley to be met face to face by a girl in elementary school uniform - around her age.

"A-are you o-ok?" she asked in hope that Byeol would respond with a positive answer. "Why did you help me?" the girl was taken aback by Byeol's sudden question

"Umm.. because we are friends?" she quietly spoke out. "Friends?" Byeol raised her left eyebrow in confusion. "Well we aren't friends but we're classmates so I just wanted to hel-"

"You're in my class!" Byeol shouted out in shock. Byeol doesn't remember ever seeing this person in any of her classes. Without realising Byeol unintentionally hurt her feelings to which she did feel a slight regret afterwards. The spark left her eyes which didn't go unnoticed by Byeol even though she placed on a smile to cover the dejected feeling. "Umm .... Well I don't really know most of our classmates" Byeol said, feeling slightly bad.

Her eyes laid on the girl's fiddling fingers. She didn't respond or even look into Byeols eyes. Byeol could tell she was a shy person by the presence that she let out. A small genuine smile left Byeol's lips.

"Let's go to school. We're gonna get late. You know the homeroom teacher, he hates it when we come late" the girl's head perked up and she hummed to Byeol and gave her a smile. All pearly whites showing.

Instantly Byeol grabbed her hand, dragging her in the direction of their elementary school. "B-byeol!" she called out her name, making her rest her eyes directly on the girl. Byeol raised her eyebrows waiting. "C-can we be f-friends?"

She wasn't expecting her to say that. Every friend that Byeol has ever had so far only wanted to be around her because of her wealth. She was rich and popular so they only used her. She never had a real friend. Her parents always gave everything she wanted in life.

But she never wanted money, toys and dresses. Her happiness missed one thing, the one thing she hunted for was a real friend.

Something that she always desired to have. After all the heartache and betrayal she went through she never trusted to become anyone's friend. But there was something in this girl's eyes which differed from others.

There was "trust" and "honesty"

There was a tug of war between two battling emotions. One telling her to give this girl a chance while the other telling her to not make the same mistake.

However, the wish of wanting a friend overshadowed her to finally make a decision.

"What's your name?" she suddenly asked

"Aera...Park Aera"

"Well Park Aera ..... Let's be good friends from now on."

Aera pounced at the girl wrapping her arms around her. A smile etched across Byeol's lips. She rarely smiles and it's shocking that this girl was able to get a genuine smile out of Byeol twice within 10 minutes of meeting

Byeol hoped that she won't regret this decision

But she was yet to realise that it was the best decision she ever made in her life

Painful memories of their friendship resurfaced Taeyeon's mind. She shut herself in her room remembering how they both became friends.

She remembered how Byeol once told her how she hates it when someone betrays her. Taeyeon couldn't forgive herself.

She left Byeol. But the girl still forgave her. Her head pounded and heart stung with excruciating pain that evidently portrayed the feeling of being heartbroken.

A small knock made her terrorizing sobs to halt. She wiped her tears away "Yes?"

The doorknob twisted welcoming a figure.

"Taeyeon..... It's time

 It's time"