Wrath Chapter 7: Broken

The Purge King returned to his throne room with his mind blank for a moment, recalling some of the words his counterpart had told him at the end of the previous loop.

("How could you...how the fuck could you kill Beako?!!")

("You say that you trust those you see color and Beako was one of those people who had color...only for you to...you fucking prick! You are right, you aren't forgivable or redeemable at all. You don't deserve it at all! That's why I'm going to beat you and make sure you can't hurt anybody ever again.")

'...fuck you, Natsuki Subaru.'

The Purge King's blank eyes had turned into rage, hatred towards his own counterpart. Although he was initially happy that his counterpart is being honest with him, he does dislike the words he said, making him out to be some heartless villain. 

This prompted him to get up from his seat, noticing that Halibel and Cecilus were both giving him attention as the pair had taken notice of their boss standing in a different manner. The two give a quick look at each other, both agreeing through a simple look that the Purge King is suddenly angry. The wolf man quickly spoke out in a calm manner, hoping to calm the Purge King with some kind words:

"Boss? Is there anything you'd like me and my pal here to help you out with."

The Purge King at first looked at the wolf man with a stare of death, slightly intimidating the admirer of Kararagi for a brief moment before he blinked, allowing the anger to calm itself down for now. As he calmed down, he looked at the door to his throne room for a moment before looking back at his two guards to say:

"I need you two to check the perimeter for anything nearby. Whether it is a knight, a merchant, or some random fucking traveler! Kill them on the spot. Also if you notice someone that looks like me...kill his ass."

"Understood my liege." Cecilus said as he bowed his head in respect for the Purge King himself.

"Sure thing boss." Halibel spoke with a calm gesture.

The way the two spoke did annoy the Purge King to a small degree, seeing the two as unfaithful to him even if they do listen to his orders due to the fact that he views them in grey. The Purge King sits back on his throne and watches as his two bodyguards leave the room, both having their assignment. 

Once the two guards left, the Purge King took a moment to look around, assuring that he isn't going to be attacked or being watched before he went through the secret passage, wanting to be in his office for a moment. While he was walking towards his office, he continued to have some memories run in his mind.

("I was anxious and angry when I saw you speaking with Sister. You, someone involved with the one who put Sister through so much...weaseling into our precious home—!")

("Subaru, please. If there's something you can do for Ram and Rem...please.")

("—I'LL KILL YOU!!")

("You killed my sissy, so die as a forsaken bastard, even if it's the last thing I do, I will end you with my bare hands.")

("――You are, Betty's, they, I suppose?")

("I owe ya one, boss.")

("Mmh, what is that, that tone is, if you spoil the father's mood he might not let you see his daughter you know, the feelings of a father having a daughter at such a ripe age, if you could understand that more it would make me happy..")

("I'll kill you...I promise you Barusu that I will kill you.")

("Then it is a deal, Natsuki Subaru. I, Cecilus Segmunt, The Blue Lightning of Vollachia, shall fight under your orders from now on.")