Sloth Chapter 1: A calming environment

Subaru looked around as he noticed that he was once again in a forest, making him feel a little annoyed since he preferred being somewhere that isn't a forest. His track record with forests was somewhere between shit and atrocious. 

He looked up for a moment at the blue sky, noting that it is a bit peaceful this time around. Unlike the forest he had been in from the previous world, it immediately felt more peaceful and calmer.

While he was feeling the entire place being much calmer than his world, Pride's world, or even the Purge King's world, he himself started to reflect on his moments with his counterparts and the memories he has of theirs. 

This caused him to fall to the floor with his back on the ground, looking at how horrible both versions were.

The Purge King would do good things from time to time but he did kill many innocent people for thinking that they would betray them. 

He threatened Frederica with Garfiel and Ryuzu's lives, he imprisoned both Ram and Emilia, and lastly he killed Beako without a second thought despite it being her that saved his life from Ram's wrath.

Although at first he understood and even had a bit of sympathy for that version of himself, seeing that he couldn't take his life and ran away from a place where he was hated, seen as the bad guy despite the fact that he was innocent yet having become a person who caused harm to others was something Subaru couldn't agree.

Then there was his first counterpart he met, the most insane version of himself, at least at this point. That one was probably worse than the Purge King, having died billions upon billions of times to try and create the outcome of having Emilia become king of Lugnica.

Even if that meant that she would get hurt in the end, that many innocent lives would be taken, even if the name Natsuki Subaru had gotten tarnished to the ground and had himself reduced to being a villain worse than the Witch of Envy in the process, he didn't hesitate to do what it took. Compared to the Purge King, the Sin Archbishop of Pride was an irredeemable bastard.

'Now that I think about it, maybe I could've convinced the Purge King me to stop...maybe...but then again...'

He recalled the memory of how The Purge King not only killed Beatrice but imprisoned Emilia, blackmailed Frederica, and killed many innocent people. This caused Subaru to get up from the ground and approach a tree to punch it, despite how that won't change anything except his fist hurting. While he did this, he recalled how his interactions with the two went:

("...fuck you! The fuck would they know what I had to go through! The fuck you know what I've been through! You can go to fucking hell, you stupid self righteous piece of shit!")

'Go to fucking hell, Sin Archbishop of Pride!' Subaru thought as he had an intense hatred for that version for himself due to how much hell he brought to those he cares about