Aganau Chapter 6: Uncertain future

The watcher had been looking through the events that happened in the city of Bisito with another guest.

"Why didn't you join them?" He asked with a curious gaze, having felt confident that the boy watching the events with him would've certainly joined in for having a chance to kill another Petelgeuse. The boy closed his eyes as he responded with:

"I didn't want to."

"And why's that?" The watcher asked, a little annoyed that he must reiterate his question.

The boy remained silent for a brief moment, contemplating on the why.

He isn't too fond of Natsuki Subaru despite being related and yet he still somehow has faith in him.

It was paradoxical and quite frankly, was driving even him mad trying to unravel that.

"It's not my place to help him with these sorts of situations."

"He's your father, no?"

"A different version that didn't even have me in his world." The boy responded swiftly.

"Even so, wouldn't you help another version of your father?"

"..."

The boy was silent for a moment, since in his situation in the world he comes from, he was technically helping an alternative version of his father.

Regardless, he didn't feel the need to go and assist him.

"He can handle himself."

"...hm? How so?"

"Natsuki Subaru is a stubborn fool, someone who has the worst of ideas...but somehow he has managed to get out of situations that would normally get him killed." As the boy says this, he thinks back on the situations he and his world's Subaru had to deal with before reflecting on the situation he and the watcher were currently watching. "Look at him now. He just managed to escape two crazy ass sin archbishops alive with everyone else alive...and without that cursed ability. My father is a true fool but one that doesn't require my assistance. Not this one."

"..."

The watcher can't help but be completely confused by this response.

'Does he truly believe in his father that much? Or is he...you know what, nevermind. I don't understand this boy.'

The watcher returns his focus to the Natsuki Subaru he had sent into the other world, curious to see what's happening with him and his group.

As he focuses on Natsuki Subaru, the boy looks at the two versions of his father and just couldn't help but look disappointed.

'...idiots. They have the answer, but even with two of them they can't put the pieces in place.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day had finally reached nighttime, after just barely escaping Sloth and Greed's attempts in catching up to them.

Subaru looked at the night sky, observing the stars for a brief moment before giving a sigh.