Greed Chapter 10: Turnover

"You've lost."

"Hmph. Yeah, you beat me." Subaru said as he coughed up more blood. "Can't help but say that it hurts like hell."

"Hm."

Natsuki Subaru prepared to get closer to his counterpart, only for Beatrice to get in between the two of them.

"Stay the hell away from him, I suppose!"

Natsuki Subaru paused on his tracks when he saw this, a bit surprised at first before returning to his dull expression.

"I won't kill him, if that's what you're worried about."

"I don't care. Stay away!"

"..." Natsuki Subaru was silent as he needed a second to think.

'This is annoying.'

"Can you blame her? She's in a contract with him. She'll protect him."

'I don't care. It's his fault that she's in pain.'

Natsuki Subaru kneeled down as he wanted to be transparent with this other world Beatrice.

"I don't wish to harm you, hell I don't ever want to see you cry...but if you don't move aside, I will kill him."

"..."

Beatrice was angry when she heard this, wanting to kill this Natsuki Subaru for daring to threaten her with her contractor's life.

As she was about to slap him, Subaru slowly moved his hand onto her shoulder to get her attention.

"It's okay, Beako...let him talk...t-to me..."

"B-But—"

"It'll...be...okay..."

Although he was very weak, he didn't want his counterpart hurting her.

She's already suffering from his current status but having a version of him basically threatening her is too much for him.

As he looked at her with a determined look, she sighed as she nodded reluctantly before moving to the side.

She was still on guard and ready to protect her contractor all the while Subaru gave a serious expression towards his counterpart.

"The hell...do you want...? Gloat? Be a prick...?"

"...No, I want to deal with you for good but first, someone wants to talk to you."

"Hmph...who...?"

Natsuki Subaru remained silent as he pulled out the black crystal he was wearing.

"You will hold onto this black crystal and take a deep breath."

"...?" All Subaru could do was be confused as hell. "Why s-should...I listen to you...?"

Natsuki Subaru looked at Subaru with a blank expression, not really wanting to waste anymore time.

He moved the black crystal towards Subaru's direction while responding to his question.

"You have lost. If you wish to die right next to Beatrice here, then keep this attitude up. I won't hesitate to kill you and be done with this farce."

Beatrice wanted to strike him right then and there, hating that this Natsuki Subaru was threatening her Subaru.

He coughed a bit of blood before telling his counterpart:

"F-Fine. What the hell...d-do you want me to do...?"

Natsuki Subaru was silent for a second, seeing that his counterpart is now being cooperative.