Greed Chapter 16: Your choice

Everything felt so unreal, being back in this place.

A large plain field of grass that seems endless, a calm clear sky, and an unusually peaceful aura around.

What's more disorienting for Natsuki Subaru was seeing her again...or well, more specifically a version of the Witch of Greed.

"Echidna, I would say it's nice seeing you again but that would be a lie."

"My, Natsuki Subaru, you hurt my maidenly heart."

"You have no heart!"

"Now you are just being hurtful."

"I doubt any of that hurt you really, now what did you want? My counterpart said you wished to speak to me."

"Yes." Echidna said as she sipped her cup filled with tea. "But first I must show you some manners."

Echidna got up from her chair before pouring some tea into the two cups that suddenly appeared along with the two chairs that also randomly appeared.

This caught Subaru off guard since he didn't notice when the witch of greed had made them appear.

He still remained completely cautious all the while his counterpart walked towards the table, sat down, and without hesitation he drank the tea from the witch.

"You do realize what she puts in that tea, right?"

"...and?" His counterpart didn't care at all about it since he's gotten used to it by now.

Echidna gave him a look while teasing him with:

"You break my maidenly heart."

"There's nothing maidenly about you!" The moment these words were said, he suddenly felt his heart ache for a moment.

'What—?!'

He nearly collapsed to the ground though he still had enough strength in his legs to keep him standing.

"The hell is going on?!"

"Drinking the tea will get rid of that effect you are experiencing right now." His counterpart responded with a plain expression.

Subaru was still on the fence about it since drinking Echidna's...well bodily fluids again is not something pleasant.

The taste is not terrible, however knowing what you are drinking is.

The side effects were beginning to get worse as he was nauseous, which prompted him to be pushed to take the tea.

Once he took the entire tea from the cup she had given him, it only took a moment before the nauseousness and side effects began to go away.

"See? I'm just trying to help." Echidna said with a calm smile on her face.

Subaru didn't respond to Echidna's comment.

He sat down alongside his counterpart and the Witch of Greed before preparing to discuss whatever they want from him.

"Okay, what do you wish to discuss?"

Echidna took a sip from her tea before turning her attention towards the Natsuki Subaru from her world, curious if he would ask that question right off the bat.

Natsuki Subaru looked forward for a second before turning towards his counterpart.

"Who sent you here?"

"Hm?"

"Who's the asshole that decided to throw you into my world?"

His expression was blank though the voice was frustrated since the moment his counterpart and his group arrived in his world.