Aganau Chapter 11: Looking forward

Subaru looked at his older self, noticing how at peace he is now that Petelguese is dead. 

This made him smile as he understands that feeling all too well, having thought back to the moment after he had saved Emilia from the bomb that was on her carriage during his version of events against Sloth. 

He turned towards the knight nearby, just realizing that this was how Julius looks in twenty years.

'...damn bastard, you still look somewhat young even after twenty years have passed.'

As he was thinking this, Julius turned towards his direction, a bit taken aback by the fact that there's another Natsuki Subaru. 

At first, he assumed that this could possibly be Older Subaru's son but upon a closer inspection, he can see that he looks exactly like Older Subaru when he last saw him.

"I take it you are related to Subaru in some way."

"Let's just go with that, it's much easier to comprehend than the actual story."

Julius tilted his head at this, puzzled by the response. Before being able to press more information, he spotted Reinhard. He was surprised to see the Sword Saint here, especially after he had isolated himself for many years.

"Reinhard."

The Sword Saint noticed the finest knight saying his name, prompting him to turn towards him, noticing how he hadn't grown much.

"Julius. It's good to see you."

"It's been quite a while."

"It sure has."

The two knights were happy to speak with each other with Subaru deciding to leave them be as two friends reuniting after so long.. He turned towards Beatrice, holding her hand as he would with his world's Beatrice.

"Are you okay?"

"...I'm fine, I suppose."

"You sure?"

"..."

Beatrice continued to have a blank expression though Subaru could see through this, knowing that she's a bit concerned about what comes next.

"After this, you'll have the job to take care of the other me."

"...that responsibility is not mine, in fact."

"That may be true, but you do still care for that moron."

"..." Beatrice now wanted to let go of Subaru's hand, starting to get mad at him. The boy noticed this as he continued to speak.

"He definitely cares for you, Beako. After all, I know deep down he just wants you happy...and I guess he was planning on giving you this at some point."

Subaru pulled out a plushie of Puck, having only held on to it after Older Subaru had gone off to speak with Al the night the plan was being set. 

As he handed this over, he also added:

"As for 'that person' your mother had tasked you with to find. He may not be that either but he's for sure a much better choice than some stranger you don't know."

"..."

Beatrice let go of Subaru's hand as she held onto the plushie of Puck, hiding the fact that this made her feel happy as she desperately missed him. 

Subaru could see through this and just smiled on before turning his attention to Felt, seeing that she was approaching his older counterpart. 

He was interested to see how this would go, prompting him to pay close attention.