Sloth Chapter 4: The lesson home

"S-Sissy?"

"R-Rem?"

"Natsuki Subaru?"

"Me?"

An older looking Rem and Subaru looked at Subaru and Ram, all four of them just stunned at the situation they were in. Subaru looked at his older looking self, a bit surprised since this version of himself is extremely different.

He didn't look crazy or insane like the Sin Archbishop of Pride and he didn't look like a paranoid mess like the Purge King. 

This Natsuki Subaru in front of him looks to be at peace, someone who has had a chance to finally rest and have a good lifestyle, one that doesn't involve dying repeatedly over and over again.

The Natsuki Subaru of this world looked at his younger self, having a few questions in mind since he is not only looking at himself but a version of him that is in an attire he has never worn before.

While the two Natsuki Subarus were just inspecting each other, Rem and Ram were both at shock since Rem never thought that she would get to see her sister again, much less looking the exact same way as she had remembered all those years ago, while Ram never believed that she would see Rem awake and being the older of the two of them rather than always being the younger twin.

The two sisters were just left stunned, unsure on what to say. With tears slowly beginning to form, Rem wanted to cry but all four of them were snapped out of this trance-like state the moment Rigel ran in between both his parents.

"Mom, old man, help."

"Hm?" Rem and the elder Subaru turned towards their child, having noticed what their son had said. The two then turn towards the direction Rigel came from to see that Zarestia was approaching the two.

"I wasn't doing anything!" She said with a pouting face, not wanting to get in trouble with Rem. The elder Subaru crossed his arms for a brief moment before asking his son:

"What is she doing to you, my son?"

"She's mad that I told Spica about how she wanted to kill you two."

"Hey!" Zarestia looked at Rigel with a slightly pouting facial expression, disliking when that story is mentioned, especially in front of Rem. Rem and the elder Subaru just looked at each other, finding this situation comical.

"Rigel, why would you tell that story to Spica?" The elder Subaru questioned as he knows that isn't the right thing to let a young girl know about their 'aunt'.

Rigel just gave his old man the death stare, knowing that his father would be the one to ask this. Rem would be inclined to agree with her husband on asking their boy that question but she was a bit more curious on what Zarestia was up to, which was why when her gaze turned to the white haired woman, it was with a very cold gaze that demanded answers.

"Zarestia, what were you planning to do to my little Rigel?"

The stern tone of voice caused Zarestia to freeze up, even Subaru was caught off guard by this and froze up as well. Ram saw this side of her sister and just nodded with approval.

"N-N-Nothing!"

Rem continued to stare at Zarestia, knowing that her close friend was planning something since she does hate being reminded that she almost killed her.

This continued for a moment, instilling fear into the woman in the white kimono for another minute until Rem changed her facial expression from one of a threat to a much sweeter one.

"Okay. Let's go eat."

"O-Okay..." Zarestia responded nervously. Rigel smiled at this since he was both happy and expected that his mother would help him.