Greed Chapter 14: Frozen Bonds

The two Emilias looked at each other, both intrigued by this sudden interaction that shouldn't be possible.

The Emilia from another world first noticed that her counterpart had short hair, reminding her of Fortuna.

Meanwhile, the Emilia from this world was a bit taken aback by her counterpart, now seeing how she looked prior to cutting her hair short.

"Who are you?" The Emilia from this world asked, wanting answers. "You can't be real."

"I am real, I'm Emilia from another...world, I think." The silver haired half elf was a bit puzzled when saying this, finding it quite bizarre saying this to another version of herself.

Otto and Reinhard looked at the two Emilias interacting, the Sword Saint being nervous since his Emilia can be unpredictable.

As he was ready for anything to happen, Otto took this chance to speak with him.

"Reinhard-sama, may we speak? There's something I must tell you."

"Hm?" The Sword Saint turned towards the merchant, having noticed what he had said.

He was at a pause for a moment, at first on the defensive since it was the merchant that came here with the other Emilia.

Though his guard started to lower when one of his divine protections managed to detect no hostility or ill intent in his heart.

This prompted Reinhard's attention, curious on what Otto wanted to tell him.

While these two began to speak with each other, Petra looked at the pair for a moment before turning back towards the two Emilias.

She was a bit hesitant in this new Emilia since she's uncertain if this one acts the same as the one she's familiar with.

A part of her thinks no since the new Emilia has the same hair attire and seems to act similar to when her Emilia did before the events of the Sanctuary.

She can only hope for this...though it will still be a problem if the Emilia that she's familiar with doesn't start attacking.

She observed their conversation closely with the Emilia from another world continuing to speak:

"That's a lovely hairstyle."

"...thanks." The Emilia of this world said with a blank tone, not really caring for the compliment yet knowing that her Subaru would disapprove of her not speaking with some kindness. Thinking of Subaru made her have a question:

"Where did you come from? Is there a Subaru in the place you came?"

Emilia paused for a second, having noticed that her counterpart when saying Subaru's name, it sounded...odd. She dismissed this one thing though as she wanted to gain the trust of her counterpart by responding to her questions with:

"Yes, Subaru does exist in my world."

"Two Subarus..." The Emilia from this world paused as she thought about interacting with two Natsuki Subarus.

If she was already infatuated with one Natsuki Subaru, two of them might be a little more than she can handle.

It's very apparent since the area was slowly dropping in temperature as this Emilia was daydreaming of having two Subarus by her side.

The Emilia from another world was a bit confused on why her counterpart was just looking up at the sky, but what she was alarmed when her counterpart was slowly freezing the ground she was stepping on.

"Emilia, stand back." Reinhard said, warning the other world Emilia as he was suspecting that his world's Emilia was preparing to do something.

The silver haired half elf looked at the Sword Saint for a moment before turning back towards her counterpart.